AlAwaliTravelsK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

How i will add our Business Nicknames or alternative names?

1) How i will add our Business Nicknames or alternative names? 2) How To Get Them Listed In Google Maps ? 3) How i will use multiple language, english and arabic

Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
2 comments
Level 7

Re: How i will add our Business Nicknames or alternative names?

To do 3 things you mentioned.

You first need to claim business

You open Google Maps app. Then you input your business address or name.

If your business do not appear on Maps. You must add yours. If your business already created then you press the button "Claim this business".

After you press that button, a page will show up, then you can add any infomation of your business.

Hope that would help you solve your problems.

@AlAwaliTravelsK wrote:

1) How i will add our Business Nicknames or alternative names? 2) How To Get Them Listed In Google Maps ? 3) How i will use multiple language, english and arabic

Ho Chi Minh City Local Guides Community Moderator | Viet Nam Local Guides Community Moderator
Level 10

Re: How i will add our Business Nicknames or alternative names?

Hi @AlAwaliTravelsK

There are a few things you can and you cannot do. 

The very first is: you, as a "business" (and based on your "name", you represent a business and not an individual), are not allowed to participate in the Local Guides Program. Please, read the rules. "Organizations, brands and businesses are not eligible for the program."

Second: currently there is no way to add multiple names (like there was a way in MapMaker: "official", "primary", "abbreviated" and whatnot). Maybe this feature will be integrated into Maps but we do not know. 

As for names in multiple languages, go to the hamburger menu at the top left and select "Language". The whole UI will change and when you suggest an edit to a place and edit its name, a new field for the English or Arabic (or whichever language you choose) will appear. Do not mix languages in the same slot! Add them separately. 

language-switcher.png