Summer-Seattle's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

How do people find my lists?

Hi Google local guides, and Google, 

I've really enjoyed the new feature allowing us to create lists, and provide details on the places in a list. I also think it's awesome that people can follow that list from their own google account. However, without sharing the link for my list, I have no idea how someone would find it. It doesn't pop up even when I search Google.com or Google Maps with the exact wording of the list title. Does anybody know how to add SEO keywords/tags to make the list searchable? Is this a feature that will be coming soon, or should I not count on it?

3 comments
Level 3

Re: How do people find my lists?

@MarinSt any chance you could help me with this problem of lists not being discoverable?

To me, being a "local guide" means I have the ability to help others more effectively explore my city.

To try the new "list" feature out, I created a curated list to help people live a more environmentally sustainable lifestyle in Seattle by visiting these businesses that offer waste-free products and services and reading my descriptions of what those businesses offer and tips on how to shop there. My list (Seattle Zero Waste Guide) is here: https://goo.gl/maps/xbwpugypfaD2

However, when I do a google search or search on google maps directly, using the title of my list ("Seattle Zero Waste Guide"), the list never appears. Why is that? Is there a way to get my list to appear through google/google maps search?

Also, I shared the list with a friend, who "followed" the list - but as the creator of the list, I didn't get a notification of her following it, nor can I see how many followers I have on the list. I would love to see this to determine whether my list is useful/helping people or not!

Thank you!

Summer

Level 8

Hi @Summer-Seattle,

I too have the same question. There is no use of creating good lists if users can't use them.

@TraciC, @YK1001, @ErmesT, can you folks please provide some inputs here?

Regards,

Himanahu

Level 8

Hi @Summer-Seattle,

Just discovered that lists which are shared as public, are visible in the Explore tab on Google Maps app.

Not all lists will be visible, I suppose only relevant lists with higher search index make it to the top.