SB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2
Level 2

Google, you've got some explaining to do

I shared my review of my last workplace. It was an entry level Sales Associate job but it turned out to be a pyramid scheme. The people above us treated us like toys.  I saw a supervisor grab a young employee's ass (not in my review).  I was able to be exploited because Sales Associates had no printer privileges and I could not get copies of my monthly sales and incentives. They wouldn't even give me copies. I had to file a wage claim to try to get my undisputed income from the rewards program. Of course, I never got any part of my monthly sales.  

It was important for me to share this experience because I almost didn't make it.  I feel that was my most important review because I didn't want anyone to go thru what I went through. Today, I planned to lower their rating to one star because they cheated, lied to me, and I was unable to work for over two months getting over it, but it was gone. 

I would like Google to tell me why this review was removed and why.  

Thanks

Starwood, Centre Creek Drive, Austin, TX, United States
4 comments
Level 1

Re: Google, you've got some explaining to do

Hello,

I'm curious to hear their answer as well, as I've had a similar experience a few years ago.
Level 8

Well ... I'm not a representant of Google (unfortunely). But I guess that the main idea of Google Maps comments is to tell your experience as a customer (not as an employee).

Maybe a company has bad deals with the employees but they make nice services (of course, as well as you care about the satisfaction of your employees, you'll get a better customer satisfaction too).

-RH
Former Google Contributor

Hello @SB. It is against Google policy to review your employer. For example, I have had my reviews of Google offices taken down because I work here. You can see the policy below:

Conflict of interest: Reviews are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up review stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for reviews written at your place of business.

Level 2
Level 2

I was a former employee who wanted to tell the truth about my work experience.  I did not work there when I wrote my review, Just like the woman recently wrote about working for UBER.  It looked like a great place but wasn't for me. There was no conflict of interest. I wanted to warn people so they would not be hurt, cheated, and harmed like me. 

@CorrieD wrote:

Hello @SB. It is against Google policy to review your employer. For example, I have had my reviews of Google offices taken down because I work here. You can see the policy below:

Conflict of interest: Reviews are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up review stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for reviews written at your place of business.