Sariga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Google Photos to have a small location tag for uploaded photos to the map

Hi

i would like to suggest a feature for Google photos to have a location tag on the corner for those photos which are uploaded to Google maps . 

This will avoid duplication of photos to map . 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
India
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Google Photos to have a small location tag for uploaded photos to the map

Hi @Sariga,

If the Water Mark is added by Google while the photo is uploaded, I did not see how it can prevent a user to upload their own raw photos to another places - intentionally or not intentionally.

Level 9

Thank you for the support for my idea , water mark is enough. . 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 8

Hi @Sariga,

I should make myself more clear.

1.  Water mark added might be one way to do the "small location tag" that you want.

2.  I want to know having such a "small location tag", how will it be helpful to prevent upload of photos to different places?

Please share your ideas in more details.

Level 5

Hi,

I like the idea of unique pictures but I dont like the idea of adding something on top of the picture.

A better way is the way the Google Pictures app already uses.

If you make a picture you can tap on "Details" and it will show you when, at what time, what resolution, what phone and also the location where the picture was taken.

So instead of an watermark there should be an option called "Details" where you can see all the informations.

After all you can not secure a pictures uniqueness by just adding a symbol/watermark on it because photoshop is just way too good these days.

In my point of view this feature is not that important though.

Best regards

Valdrin

Level 9

In some cases we have an option for adding review and adding photo. Once i had added 2 photos from the option for "ADD Photo" then on the review page there is also add photo option so we may add by mistake.(both are Reflecting in map when i checked ) 

A small water mark will identify over self from mistakes also.

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @Sariga,

I should make myself more clear.

1.  Water mark added might be one way to do the "small location tag" that you want.

2.  I want to know having such a "small location tag", how will it be helpful to prevent upload of photos to different places?

Please share your ideas in more details.