MapWrangler's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Getting Levels In Sync Across Google Channels

Hi @TraciC,

As a followup to your reply to my question in Announcing new levels & ways to help your community

"Regarding your level being different in two places, can you share more information on a thread in "Feedback & Feature Requests" with screenshots, where you're seeing the difference, device(s) and version of your device(s) and Google Maps app, if applicable? Please tag me in this post  so we can look into this. Other times, feel free to tag any Google Moderator. "

I'm currently Level 8 in Local Guide Connect (screenshot), and Level 6 in Google Maps & Earth Help Forum. (screenshot)

Only as FYI, before the change in points last week I was a higher level in the Maps Help Forum than I was in Local Guides -- I think Maps was 6 and LG was 5.

Getting the levels the same across these Google channels is appreciated! 😉

[EDIT]  I removed the portion of this message regarding "points math" -- it appears that the desktop version may not be ready yet for prime-time, so I will use the mobile (iOS) version until it is.

Thanks very much TraciC for your assist with this!  😉

MapWrangler • Local Guide Connect Forums • Level 8 • 06-19-17MapWrangler • Local Guide Connect Forums • Level 8 • 06-19-17

Map Wrangler • Maps Help Forum Level 6 • 06-19-17Map Wrangler • Maps Help Forum Level 6 • 06-19-17

MW

24 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Getting Levels In Sync Across Google Channels

Hi @MapWrangler,

The #LocalGuides Level and Maps Help Forum Level belongs to two different programs.

The first is  a measure of our efforts spent in LGs, while the second is a measure of the efforts to take part in discussions in the Help Forum

Thus I do not consider they should be synced.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @MapWrangler,

The #LocalGuides Level and Maps Help Forum Level belongs to two different programs.

The first is  a measure of our efforts spent in LGs, while the second is a measure of the efforts to take part in discussions in the Help Forum

Thus I do not consider they should be synced.

Level 10

Hi @YK1001,

Thank you for the explanation/clarification.  I came into LG and Maps Help from Map Maker at about the same time, so I incorrectly had them linked somehow 😉

Level 8

You are welcome, @MapWrangler!

I am glad that you find my feedback helpful.

Googler

Thanks for helping @MapWrangler@YK1001!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 6

I do not think it is a consistent answer. Both leves refer to Local Guides as it can be seen in the figures:

In google mapsIn google mapsin local guidesin local guides

If they refer to different things, you should give different names, color, symbols, etc. or explain this more explicit somewhere.

Marcos

Level 5

Yeah me to. I logged in on my new device uploaded Google + Friday and today ,Sunday I uploaded chrome for multiple devices. I've been a ferry long time g+ , somehow my maps pics and all my star reviews and my other reviews are all gone I'm so upset. I'm afraidto close launcher and loose what little is left its extremey appointing and slightly puzzeling' please help its an Emergency!

Level 5

Oh, really. Well I Certainly disagree. If the points and credits are earned  its only fair to give them. Can't justify iregularitys regarding sequencing platforms of what should be conjoined. Naturally when said participant omits nonfesability between interface relations its shurly precipicated at face value whole r:e not apart

,!!! I'm shocked and rather pumbled . Thanks

Level 5

Thank you. Mine both say local guides though. Some sync process has not equilized. On my problem . But your example is fantastic! This topic is most def a moderate consumer equasion.

Level 8

Hi @Angelini75,

The original topic author is talking about levels in LovalGuides vs levels in Maps HELP Forum.  They are independent.

The screen shots you posted, the level all depends on our level under the LovalGuides program, which when data sync needs time, you might find some differences from different platform dueCto time lap.  Overtime, they will be the same.

Please do compare the topic of the discussion and your issue carefully before posting.  Otherwise we might post comments that are completely irrelevant.