cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Level 10

GIF: Could it be used or it´s violated Google Policy

Hi fiends,

I usually use it to encourage my post, but in order to avoid violate the Google Polity ....I have a doubt about gif animations. 

It´s could be used or are forbiden photos.

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

8 comments
Level 10

Re: GIF: Could it be used or it´s violated Google Policy

Hi @TSS

It's not forbidden to use GIft on connect but it might respect the five core values of connect.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/The-5-core-values-of-Connect/m-p/620824#M289

See you around

Level 10

Hello @TSS,

I use GIFs all the time. They're great ways to convey information especially if it's all in the same screen. Some people use GIFs to demonstrate a process, others use GIFs like the playful sparkling winks or emojis, but overall GIFs are permitted on Local Guides Connect provided they respect the 5 Core Values of Connect and are a suitable file size.

Hope that info helps!

Level 10
Level 10

Thanks a lot @Briggs and @Venance for all information.

Although I had read this link before, I had some doubts about it.

Cheers

Level 10

What kind of doubt do you have @TSS?

Level 10
Level 10

Hi @Venance

My doubt was about this kind of images, because it's not own photos....so perhaps that was wrong again policies...

Cherrs

Level 10

@TSS

Everyone knows that most of GIF express something and are mostly impersonal . Also it's not considered as a photo.

Regarding those points, you can publish them but it might respect the five core values of connect .

That's all.

Hope it's helpful

See you around

Level 10

@TSS wrote:

...My doubt was about this kind of images, because it's not own photos....

It's not forbidden to post other than your own photos or other images here provided you do not make them look they are yours. If true photos, best is to give credits to the author or wherever (like e.g. wikipedia) you took them from. When using small gif animations (for emoticons for instance) it is usually obvious they are not your own creations and you are not posting them to look like they are. See mine below for example.

hiphopp

Level 10
Level 10

@Csaba @Venance Thanks a lot for your reply.

I think so about it but I prefer asking intead of making a mistake and violating some policies in Google Connect.

Cheers