Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Forever Not Applied.

@Flash wrote:

If you'd like detailed advice on an edit, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

How do we get this information to you @Flash

Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

No one trusts anyone these days.

Aggregation of edits from a script that extracted data from the publicly-facing 'Edits' section.Aggregation of edits from a script that extracted data from the publicly-facing 'Edits' section.

Do you want to tell me again that my 5,000+ edits are worthless again? How about my mom's account, the first 300 or so edits often went through without a hitch, and then magically out of the blue she gets hit with the 'not applied' hammer. She made suggestions to many places she didn't go to, many of the edits were those that I made with this account which weren't applied and all of a sudden she deserves more trust than I do? In your case, you say that trust levels look at a user's past edits to determine whether or not the algorithm should reject them. With my mom's account, I even managed to close down a clearly operating Indian restaurant at lunchtime! Instead, you have clearly attempted to speculate using a contradiction and are therefore questionable. So if I want my edits to go through, I should create a clean Level 1 account and be on my merry way until it gets hit by the not applied hammer? In fact, I bet I can create a new level 1 account, spam listings until I get hit by another ban hammer and then start again from square one.

Clearly if Google cannot review in due time, find extremely trusted users such as reintroducing the regional lead program to help ease your workload because clearly you don't have the time to review. Why should you get the last say when you don't know anything about our local areas? Spend time more on features such as getting those badges and the additional points for longer reviews being rolled out and actually innovating for a change, because clearly you think the moderation process is just plebeian work for low IQ people who manually reject something that is clearly in accordance to the guidelines/rules of the map.

@Anonymous, congratulations on removing Google Maps. I hope you'll be able to find other projects that are eons better than the current state of this forsaken app such as Waze, OpenStreetMap or even anything outside the mapping concept. You'll make a mark better out there.

@IDW, from what you've said did you try to make simultaneous changes to multiple fields in one edit? In this current climate, it is recommended only to edit them individually and submit. I was once told off for points-mongering because if multiple places need changing, you should change them all at once for one set of points instead of rapidly suggesting changes to individual ones, but I honestly believe that all your edits should be treated for consideration and separately (think of checking the facts, you can choose which ones are correct and which ones are wrong). Like I illustrated here below, for example:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 14.08.48.png

This recent heartache of the 'not applied' syndrome is clearly the result of the algorithm shift around the 10th of October. A translator in Thailand has incredibly slowed down his suggestions because his endeavours to add the English translation of listings in Thailand are also being unfairly not applied. For most of my Google Maps journey I had suggested more successful edits than photos I have uploaded, but now that balance has shifted because I cannot suggest edits without the grounds of being immediately not applied.

So all my attempts of climbing the trust ladder over the last 10 months (and formidably climbing it at an incredible pace) has been reduced to null because you think it's appropriate to just cut off my legs and then put a cast on it writing "I trust that you'll get better" on it? You have no grounds during this time to advise such Gregg. Blah blah blah blah civil war.

Connect Moderator

6LinksRule wrote:

How do we get this information to you @Flash

Simply create a new thread and provide all the details.  For additional edits you can make further posts in the same thread.

We won't be able to find an issue in every edit, some will have been denied for other reasons and some might have been denied simply because the mapper has lost some trust.  But if you're one of the ones affected by the new algorithms, by looking at multiple edits we normally can find some issues.  Modifying those types of edits should help to regain editing trust.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Re: Forever Never Applied

Everybody has more or less  frustration and agree with you . After all in spite of  so much efforts of using time and energy still if Not Applied, felt bad.Hope there will be more simple rules  so that we felt being part of it. However please be not dejected keep trying hoping some changes. 

jojo
Level 10

@Flash

In this regard i would like to emphasize some facts. The trust and encouragement was more at the initial stage of LG Level. The more the points i got the more Not Applied edits were reflected. Most of the edits are simple and genuine which are being rejected which definitely affect our further incentive and sincerity.

Some of the (out of many) screen shots given below for your reference

1)Gardan
2-17, Ahilya Gokul Patil Rd, Sector 1, Shiravane, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Name
Note: It is just a spelling mistake as everybody knows to be edited as Garden more specifically Nilgiri Garden
( But rejected even though genuine and correct reason)

2)Bhagar Scholl
Dharshana Society, Sector 12, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Name
Note: It is Bhagat School 
Note: It is also  a spelling mistake as everybody knows to be edited as  School more specifically Bhagat School(Correct Name of the person)

3)Rk Properties
Palm Beach Rd, Dharshana Society, Sector 16, Nerul West, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Name

Note: It is just a spelling mistake as everybody knows to be edited as  R. K . Properties
as seen in the picture

Kindly understand that we take lot of time and energy for such edits. Simply rejecting for no reasons will definitely affect our interest and incentives. Hope you understand and simplify actions accordingly as it has become a serius issue pointed by many. Thank you for your understanding.

jojo
Level 7

I just tried to add a new Dollar General store that opened last month. This is the second time I've tried to add it but got instantly rejected. I even added photos that have GPS tags in it.......

Level 10

Now tell me how much frustrated and impatient for such Not Applied Edits or Additions or Mapping as shown  below some of the shot screen.in spite of wasting so much time and energy.
I am forwarding it to show the seriousness of the problem as stated by many and find a solution so that we will not further loose hope.and actions accordingly knowing the feelings of many

1)ati Kwe Navi Mumbai)
1B-32/1, NL - 1 Type, Sector 10, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Category
2)nagoba mandir
nagoba chowk 400024, Qureshi Nagar, Kurla East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400024
NOT APPLIED · Name
3)hotel garden park
Lal Bahadur Shastri Rd, Sainath Nagar, Kurla, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400070
NOT APPLIED · Name
4)GURU KRUPA TOURS & TRAVELS
551-2, Sarveshwar Mandir Rd, Kurla West, Kurla, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400070
NOT APPLIED · Name
5)SURAJ APARTMENT
NL-5/4, Sector 3, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Name · Category
6)Flower Shop
5-29, Jagatguru Aadi Shankracharya Marg, Sector 3, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706, India
NOT APPLIED · Place creation
7)Revive Dental Clinic
5-29, Jagatguru Aadi Shankracharya Marg, Sector 3, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706, India
8)Honey Beauty Parlour
5-30, Jagatguru Aadi Shankracharya Marg, Sector 3, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706, India
9)Indusind bank atm - navi mumbai, maharashtra
Gala no1, Plot no 9, Apna bazar annex, Sector 21, Nerul, Sector 18, Sastri nagar, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Name
10)kavis creative arts class
near jai bharat jeam,rana tower,Kalwa station road, Kalwa west, thane 400605, Slum Area, Kharegaon, Kalwa, Thane, Maharashtra 400605
NOT APPLIED · Name
12)Rashmi
Shop no 2 plot no 32 Sect 20 Nerul (W), Dharshana Society, Nerul West, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Marked as closed
13)Dr. Panigrahi's Homeopathic Clinic, Navi Mumbai
Shop No. 18 Plot No 184 , Tiara Shopping Complex, Near Daily Bazaar, Super Market ,Kharghar, Sector 20, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 410210
NOT APPLIED · Name
14)Ankit Kirana Store
109, Washi - Vadhav Rd, Washi, Maharashtra 402107
NOT APPLIED · Name · Address
15)The Palm Chettinad Multi Cuisine Resturant
Jagadguru Chandrasekhara Saraswathi Marg, Sector 11, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Address
16)Chettinadu Restaurant
Sector 11, Nerul, Sector 11, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Address
17)Dental Clinic
Sector 11, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706, India
18)Laxcon Plaza
Shop, Carretera Norte, Managua 11057, Nicaragua
NOT APPLIED · Map marker
19)Mobile Shop
Dharshana Society, Navi Mumbai, Sector 16A, Sector 16 A, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706, India
20)Jk Bulders& Developers
Shop no 3 Plot ni 360/03 Sect 20 Nerul (W), Nerul West, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
NOT APPLIED · Name

jojo
Level 9

@BruceDM Now there is a week between your post. Whats going on now. Can we expect a fix, if so when?

Level 8

@talormanda

Please be aware that we are told that GPS tags in photos have little to no value when it comes to the verification process. It is too easy to add bogus GPS tags, so it is not a reliable data source. Taking a photo on location when using (inside) the Maps App, is different because Maps itself then records the geo-location of your phone at the moment of taking the photo. 

With regards to your new Dollar Store, did you check if it is listed on the companies website?
If Google is using the companies website as the authoritative source to verify the existence of stores and the new store has not been added yet to their website, you stand a good chance that your edit cannot be verified.

Level 8

Google Maps operates in a very foolish manner. Maximum entries in India are wrong, misleading & highly confusing. In western countries, people rely on map because accuracy is there but that is not the case in India. If Google Maps doesn't accept an Edit, it is their loss nor ours. Gradually, Google Maps would loose it's credibility that's all.

We LGs also would stop sending edits gradually if you continue to reject them.

And what algorithm you are talking about...? Please specify, it is an ambiguous word.

If I can not get my own home address corrected on GM despite numerous attempts, there is no use of sending edits.

In recent past, I sent many edits in respect to places near my home with supporting photographs and they were rejected...! What would I gain from sending spams to GM....