ManafEdavanakad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Filtering photos and reviews

Hello All,

As we start contributing more it becomes difficult to go back and check what we have contributed for each location you have visited. 

It would help if there is a filter available by which each guide can filter his or her posts/ photographs for each location. Currently if we click on any particular location all the photographs and reviews applicable to that location appear and we have to scroll through all the way to find out ours. Sometimes you feel like replacing certain images with better or latest ones and it becomes a time consuming process. If Maps can add such a filter it would help.

Thoughts?

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Filtering photos and reviews

Hi @ManafEdavanakad,

Thanks for sharing you idea with us. We have a couple of similar requests already. Your feedback will be taken into consideration. 🙂 

Just so you know, I'm moving your post to the Feedback and Feature Requests board where it fits even better.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

This is a good idea.

Marc W.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was adding the same idea when I have found this topic. I should agree filtering by categories would be a really great feature. I would suggest to put two types of filters both on Photos and on Reviews pages:

Filter by category -> Restaurant, Bar, Library, ...

Filter by location: for this I would add some general filters and also specific filters: everyone can start by filtering to country (only countries in which the Local Guide has made contributions will appear), then by city.

These filters should be present also when viewing other profiles, so that everyone can easily  browse contributions made by other local guides.

thank you