mayur2j's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Filtering Edits based on differrent criterias

Hi,

Is it possible to add a filter option in maps application in the Contributions->Edits section to filter out the edits. There could be different criteria.

1) Filter based on current status of the edit(Published/Pending/Not Applied)

2) Filter based on the type of edit(Name/Hours/Category)

3) Filter based on the type of category(Hotel/Restaurant/Hospital)

This would definitely help in monitoring the status of the edits. Looking at the edits becomes a difficult task as the number of edits increases.

Also by looking at the edits collectively one can study/learn different things. e.g. By filtering out & looking at the Not Applied edits one can understand why these edits weren't published, what information is lacking & what more can be done to get these published.

Thanks

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Filtering Edits based on differrent criterias

@mayur2j @davidcox this feedback has been shared a couple of times and we have passed it along to the team too. 🙂 It's definitely worth sending it via the Send Feedback option too! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@mayur2j  I agree totally, then we can be better faster. You should post this in the feature request. I would hope they would put the advanced search or filters on all our work, like reviews and photos to see our body of work in different ways. One that would be very interesting is to filter photos by views and how old the photo is so you can see it's real rate of growth.

Level 6

It's already in feature request. I will also post this as feedback through the maps application once.

Enough people should agree to this for it to be implemented as a feature though.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

@mayur2j @davidcox this feedback has been shared a couple of times and we have passed it along to the team too. 🙂 It's definitely worth sending it via the Send Feedback option too! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 6

Thanks. I'll send the same feedback via the app as well.