Dhanasekaran_Muthu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Feature Request "Suggest new Category"

I do not find an option in the "Category"  to mark natural features like Peak, Valley, Lake, Pond, etc. 

How do I tag Villages, Neighborhood, Colony for which a panoramic photo is available?

Into such of the features already in tag, I do not find an option to post my photographs- why?

Some places/villages are shown as "unavailable" in Google Maps whereas I do have the name available (in my Photographs) with me with sign board indicating the  name of the place.

Is the contribution limited to the Commercial / specific place?

Where should I post  suggestions for addition / revision of a category which is not found in the default list?

Dhanasekaran
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Feature Request "Suggest new Category"

Hello @Dhanasekaran_Muthu, there is unfortunately no option to suggest new categories. As far as I understand, there was a time in the past when it was relatively easy to have new categories added, but this soon led to excesses. So now it is simply not possible.

I've also picked up here that Google is aware of the problem, and will make improvements at some point.

In my application to take part in Connect Live 2018, I have indicated that I would really like to talk to the team in charge of categories, so let's hope I get selected 😀

In general: if you don't find a good category, try using something more general (like 'tourist attraction').

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

1. Q. How do I tag Villages, Neighbourhood, and Colony for which a panoramic photo is available?
  2. Type a location of villages, neighbourhood or colony which you want to tag in the Search field at the top of the page (Upper left corner of the page shown as “Search Google Maps”). As you type, Google Maps will suggest possible addresses that you can choose by clicking them in the drop-down menu that appears.

Click the blue “Search” button next to the Search field to display the selected location on the map. Click the “Zoom In” and “Zoom Out” buttons as needed to zoom in or out of the map. Find these buttons on the left side of the map at either end of a vertical bar.

Click the "My Places" button and click "Create Map." Type a name for the map in the Title text field and a description in the Description text field.

Move to the map’s upper-left corner and click the “Add a Place-mark” icon. Click the place on the map that you want to tag. Google Maps adds the place-mark to that location and displays a dialog window that contains two text boxes. Type a name for the tag in the “Title” text field that appears and a description of the location in the “Description” text field.

Click the icon that appears in the dialog window’s upper-right corner to view other icons that you can use instead of the current one. Click one of those if you like to select it or click the “Back” button to use the default icon.

Click “OK” to continue. Add additional tags to the map as needed. As you add them, their titles and descriptions appear on the left side of the Web page.

Level 8

Yes we need new category list. Or we have to add one. Some category missing