dineshremje's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Feature Request: New Idea to Connect Local Guides

Creating meetup and connecting with Local Guides is a good option. However we can do it in other way as well.

Suppose there are two local guides LocalGuide-I and LocalGuide-II visiting a place named A (Please note both of them are unaware of this and also they don't know about each other). There would be a setting in Google Maps which will allow LocalGuides to share their location only with LocalGuides who are currently visiting or staying in the same place (in this case Place A).

Now suppose LocalGuide-I shares his location with other LocalGuides. As soon as the location is shared LocalGuide-II gets notification about this (There should a setting whether a LocalGuide wants to see location of Other LocalGuides in current area. Also the notification should be sent only to those LocalGuides who are there in suppose 50 miles radius). LocalGuide-II can request LocalGuide-I to meet. LocalGuide-I can either accept a request or cancel the request. If the request is accepted by LocalGuide-I then LocalGuide-II can connect and thus a meetup will be organized.

This will help to organise meetups at regular intervals. Also people who are unaware of the meetups(Like me) will get notified of the meetups being held in their city or local area.