ColbyG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Feature Request: Display Warning When Adding Social Links

One of the mistakes I made with adding some new listings under LGC where the rules were different from MapMaker was the use of the website field and using social media links. If I remember correctly, under MapMaker if a social media page, say a Facebook Business page, was the only place for information on a business, it was acceptable to use that as the website link. I have a couple pending creations, I believe to due that and since no undo option is available yet, there is not much I can do about it but that request looks to already be in queue.

My suggestion would be to adding a check on the website field that would give you real time feedback if things like Facebook, Twitter, etc are detected in the field and let the end user know that according to current rules, you should not include social media links in the website input. I think more inline help like this would improve the user experience and reduce frustrations with entries being pending for a long time without any obviously reason on why.

Thanks.

For those looking for current rules, see https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/7084895?hl=en&ref_topic=6224587