JLHorner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Faults information on Google Maps

It been weeks now since I reported reviews about the New U.S. London Embassy.

Nothing seems to have been done 

New U.S. Embassy London, London, United Kingdom
7 comments
Level 8

Re: Faults information on Google Maps

@JLHorner Many people are reporting something in a day. As, everyone reports it forms a queue and every new report goes into that queue. It is a big queue having months long size. So, your report is waitlisted. When your chance arrives, the moderators will look into that matter. Hope you understand @JLHorner 

Level 2

Thank you for your message. I understand about queuing. What would be nice is out of the number of contacts I have had so far that has contacted me. One would say, I am a investigating this and would ask for more details and let me know privately the outcome.

Will you be investigating?

Level 8

@JLHorner I didn't get you. Will you please make it clear?

Level 2

I will you be the individual that will be looking into the reviews that was given about the New U.S Embassy in London, United Kingdom?

It just opened on 16 January 2018, some statements should be looked at and the Individual and their statement I feel is untrue therefore be removed.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JLHorner, I am not quite following. Did you mean a member from the team has already reached out to you private to let you know that it will be looked into?

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 2

I am finding it hard to track who is looking into this. Today just this morning I had 22 Hellows from the group.  Can you give me a name who is looking into reviews on Google Map?

Sorry to trouble you and thank you for your help.

Level 10

Hi @JLHorner, I am afraid you misunderstand the way reviews work. There will be nobody from Google to monitor or "police" issues sent by reviewers. The whole review system is only for users of the maps (and visitors / customers of a place) to inform each other of their experiences.  

In case a review is out of norms, it can be flagged and Google will (only) look at the individual review to determine if it may (or not) remain in the system. 

So do not (ever) expect any investigation and correction of the reviewed item by Google. Anyway, they are just a private company without any authority over a US Embassy (anywhere from London to Katmandu).