TangR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Every single photo I shared in Google Maps becomes independent albums in Google Album Archive

Hi,

I notice a problem in Google Local Guide photo contribution feature. Every time when I contribute photos in Google Maps on my mobile phone , a new album created in Google Album Archive ( https://get.google.com/albumarchive/ ), which contain only one photo that just shared. As the contribution grows, it makes Album Archive useless.

Please fix this issue.

Thanks.

11 comments
Level 8

Re: Every single photo I shared in Google Maps becomes independent albums in Google Album Archive

Hi @TangR,

What is the intended use of this Album Archive?

Level 8

Re: Every single photo I shared in Google Maps becomes independent albums in Google Album Archive

Hi @YK1001,

The albums in "Album Archive" will used as albums when click "add a photo" button in Google Search. For example, when I searching "Hong Kong Disneyland" and click "add a photo" button in the right column, click "Your photos" in the "Upload public photos of ..." dialog, then every single-photo albums will display right there. It is really annoy and makes sharing photos becoming impossible.

SampsonF 已寫:

Hi @TangR,

What is the intended use of this Album Archive?

Level 2

Hello TangR,

I read your problem but there is no option for fixing this problem.

Your Best Regards

Siddhartha

Level 2

Hello 

The main use of Google Album Archive is to see, delete, or download photos you've uploaded to other Google products, like Google+, Google Drive, Blogger, etc. 

Best Regards,

Siddhartha 

Level 9

@TangR it is like it is at the moment.

It works in the same way like if you add a photo to a post at G+.

For each photo an own album below the album "Photos from posts" is created.

Personally I prefer to have my LG photos in one single album.

Thats why I use a third party app (Tool for Picasa/Google Photos) to move these photos to an special public album.

Tool which use the Picasa Webalbums API can be used for that.

cheers

geo.osm

Level 8

Sorry for reply late since it is holidays. Happy holiday!

Thanks for your reply and suggestion, but Picasa (and its APIs) is deprecated. I could not find a tool still working that really annoying me. This is a serious issue that prevent me to continue post photos in Google Maps and Google should fix it in the current product (Google Photos).

Best Regards,

T.

geoo 已寫:

@TangR it is like it is at the moment.

It works in the same way like if you add a photo to a post at G+.

For each photo an own album below the album "Photos from posts" is created.

Personally I prefer to have my LG photos in one single album.

Thats why I use a third party app (Tool for Picasa/Google Photos) to move these photos to an special public album.

Tool which use the Picasa Webalbums API can be used for that.

cheers

geo.osm

Level 7

Hi TangR, I've looked at my Google Album Archive (great feature! I did not know about it) and here's what I can see:

Google - Jessy's Album Archive.png

All the pictures I've uploaded to Google Maps either via my iPhone, previous Android device or via a web browser are in 'Photos from posts - Photos & videos shared on Google+' [auto-generated album by Google, different from manually created albums].

Google - Photos from posts.png

Inside this album, each picture is indeed an album with the date of upload.

If i understand you correctly, you would like pictures grouped by, say, the places they have been uploaded to, right?

The same way you have one sub-album per Hangout conversion in 'Photos from Hangouts', right?

Google - Photos from Hangouts.png

I don't think this is possible.

It would require to change the whole structure since, as of today, one image uploaded = 1 post = 1 "album" with the upload date as a "name".

And not every post on Google+ refers to a specific place (since this album merges Pictures uploaded to Google+ and Google Maps, I think). 

What I don't really understand is why you would want to use the album "Photos from posts" to contribute a picture to a place.

(I'm guessing) most people upload directly from their iOS/Android app or the website.

And even when using "add a photo" on the search result page of google.com, you can still used your pictures as long as they're already backup in Google Photos (see 3 below, it's in French but you get the idea).

Google - Search results - Add picture.png

And if you want to upload from the 'Photos from posts' then it means you want to contribute a picture that has actually already been posted to Google+ or Google Maps.

=> is that what you want to do? 

I have to admit I'm a little bit confused on what you're trying to achieve here.

Let us know!

JsY

Wanna have a look at my lvl5 Local Guide profile or my new food-focused Instagram?

Level 8

Hi JessyY,

Thank you for your reply.

The reason I want to use "Add a photo" in the web page is that not all my photos are shot by iOS/Android phone. And iOS/Android app also still can not batch uploading photos.

The "Photos from phone" tab of the uploading dialog in the web page is not very useful. It is not organized by albums, which makes very hard to find photos for me.

What I am asking Google is, I want to batch uploading all photos in one album at one time. Google should give the user back the ability to organize albums instead of applying some foolish settings such as the "one photo per album" to users, and users even can not find a way to change it, which is a bigger mistake.

Best regards.

JessyY 已寫:

Hi TangR, I've looked at my Google Album Archive (great feature! I did not know about it) and here's what I can see:

Google - Jessy's Album Archive.png

All the pictures I've uploaded to Google Maps either via my iPhone, previous Android device or via a web browser are in 'Photos from posts - Photos & videos shared on Google+' [auto-generated album by Google, different from manually created albums].

Google - Photos from posts.png

Inside this album, each picture is indeed an album with the date of upload.

If i understand you correctly, you would like pictures grouped by, say, the places they have been uploaded to, right?

The same way you have one sub-album per Hangout conversion in 'Photos from Hangouts', right?

Google - Photos from Hangouts.png

I don't think this is possible.

It would require to change the whole structure since, as of today, one image uploaded = 1 post = 1 "album" with the upload date as a "name".

And not every post on Google+ refers to a specific place (since this album merges Pictures uploaded to Google+ and Google Maps, I think). 

What I don't really understand is why you would want to use the album "Photos from posts" to contribute a picture to a place.

(I'm guessing) most people upload directly from their iOS/Android app or the website.

And even when using "add a photo" on the search result page of google.com, you can still used your pictures as long as they're already backup in Google Photos (see 3 below, it's in French but you get the idea).

Google - Search results - Add picture.png

And if you want to upload from the 'Photos from posts' then it means you want to contribute a picture that has actually already been posted to Google+ or Google Maps.

=> is that what you want to do? 

I have to admit I'm a little bit confused on what you're trying to achieve here.

Let us know!

JsY

Level 7

Just a 'me to' post - I went and cleared out the archive of all the stuff that i did not have a PERSONAL interest in. The delete warning made absolutely NO WARNING that deleting the pics from the archive would remove them from google maps. I had a camera on loan from google for the last 3 months, took many many pics with it across Scotland. I now find that half of them have disappeared with no way to get them back. What a monumental waste of my time! Shant bother to contribute any more until the issue is fixed.

Google - NO ONE is interested in having all the pics that they have put on google maps in their archive, and NO ONE expects that when a photo is deleted from the archive it is also deleted from google maps. If we decide that we no longer want a picture on google maps that we uploaded to maps via maps then we will delete it USING GOOGLE MAPS.

Not rocket science, just common sense.

Nigel