nkadm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Editing Roads and Paths allow Level 4+

Hello,

So I was just speaking to a fellow Local Guide the other day (who is at Level 5 ✌🏾) and I shared my thought about how when we were Google Student Ambassadors we were able to map certain places using Google Map Maker and its wonderful tools. But unfortunately, we woke up to find out that we had lost the privileges worldwide (oops 😲). Now we were happy that we have Local Guides and we are able to do some of the wonderful things again (yippeee 👍🏾😀), But not everything. 

Now my request is that, since we have the ranking system (Levels) we should be allowed the other features we were allowed previously on the Map Maker platform, especially editing road networks. Speaking from experience, I use Google maps to navigate my city a lot and I have had a few occasions when I have driven into someone's kitchen (ok that's a joke 😂 ) but I got to a dead end when Google Maps said it was a road link. I've had some of my friends also complain about the system doing that as well, because some roads may be wrongly placed or the link was changed.

So please Google Local Guide / Google Maps team, please consider allowing Level 4 and above to be able to access more features on the Maps.

I ask this because once you have reached Level 4 you are at a trust worthy point where you have contributed to the maps and all of its awesomeness.

So how about you consider my request and let's make the world a better place to navigate.

Cheers,

nkadm 😀✌🏾

Cheers,
nkadm ✌??
Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Editing Roads and Paths allow Level 4+

Hi @nkadm,

As mentioned on the Map Maker forum, "This update will enable us to focus on providing the best editing and moderation experience within Google Maps on both desktop and on mobile. We’ll continue to roll out new features to make sure you’re able to do most of the things you’ve grown accustomed to doing in Map Maker – like edit roads – leading up to March 2017 and after. "

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/map-maker/UEN0wxhj6Rs

Stay tuned. 🙂

Cheers, Marc-André Beauchamp -- Google Top Contributor / Level 5 / Regional Leads / Google Ambassador
Level 7

Re: Editing Roads and Paths allow Level 4+

Spoiler
Hi @nkadm
Google map maker will discontinue on March 2017 and will be fuse with Google Map (somebody correct me if im wrong)
thus, you and other user will be able to edit the road/ path again at that time 🙂

cheers,
Andrey