WetCoastCanuck's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Can we have Status emails like G Suite has? for Points/ Views for shenanigans like non updates etc

Hello!

I wonder if it is possible for Google Maps / LG to:

1. Clarify what is the minimum and maximum time before people start to freak out in the subject of points / views.. posts like that seems to dominate this forum. e.g.  aggregated view counts usually don't update until the next week, points for edits don't update immediately but wait for 72 hours. e.g. I think just have those expectations written down in a central place is very useful.

2. implement an opt-in email alert system that is similar to the one already in G Suite but for things like points / views not updating aka Service Disruption? Attached a screen shot of an example I have from GSuite

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 10.03.44 PM.png

4 comments
Level 9

Re: Can we have Status emails like G Suite has? for Points/ Views for shenanigans like non updates e

@WetCoastCanuck wao nice. Great request.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor

Re: Can we have Status emails like G Suite has? for Points/ Views for shenanigans like non updates e

Thanks for the feedback @WetCoastCanuck, but as you know, G Suite is a paid service, whereas Local Guides is free to use 🙂

We try to be very proactive in communicating with Local Guides when there are some problems, though!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

That I know.. however Local Guides also contribute data that is more easy to monetize directly to Google 😉

Think about how much time it will free up to Google Moderators to do their work!

Level 8

@WetCoastCanuck

First of all, I very much like your suggestions (both!).  Just an observation, you presented two not necessarily related items in one request. It is my impression that @LuisRG responded only to your second point, yet your first point was not discussed. My tip to you is not to combine your subjects in a single post to give each equal attention 😉

Happy Mapping!

JeroenM