mhjn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Back to basics!

Requesting to again change the point system to old scheme as this new system increases spamming chances 

4 comments
Level 7

Re: Back to basics!

Hi @mhjn, I don't think Google will revert back to old point system as this was requested by majority of Local Guides. However, what we can do as Local Guide is to focus more on finding and reporting spammers to ensure Google Map is filled with accurate informations only. 

Level 8

Agree with you mate @EjazShah

Level 6

I totally agree. Well partly. Please do not revert, but I would encourage a quality control mechanism. Such as a photo-view-multiplyer, so that points per photos are calculated on a metric relying on views. This would encourage people to post more photos of places with (close to) none pictures and/or higher quality ones. Recently I've seen a lot of posts from "local" guides and their million views and seven-hundred-thousand pictures. Most of them were, frankly, c**p. But now they even get 5 Points, for what? Using up space.

I am not fully d'accord with the new system, even though it is an improvement in my honest opinion.

Level 8

Hope they would pay attention to your suggestion mate @GeorgBaumann