AmithES's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: BUG : No longer able to correct names with wrong casing

along with this, could you, Gus, please, ask the GM team, if they ever receive any reports from Maps other than of POI? I've reported many issues with this tool, and for months they have never been fixed or changed (are not until now). I assume that there must be a bug in the delivery system, because when I report photos or review issues, these are fixed in a couple of days, but when I report wrong directions or other things that cannot be fixed via MapMaker, there is just silence and no (re)action from Google's side ever ...

cc: @GusMoreira

Level 8

@Csaba, I have experienced the issue with Hungarian listings at places like BURGER KING.

Although I use my accounts in English, could that make any difference?

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for reporting the issue to us guys!

I'll pass the feedback to the team who takes care of this feature. 😃

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@GusM wrote:

Thanks for reporting the issue to us guys!

I'll pass the feedback to the team who takes care of this feature. 😃

Appreciate it @GusMoreira. Please keep us posted

There are many listings in my neighborhood that needs attention

Level 8

Just got 9.42.3

To edit the Upper/Lower cases of a shop name still got the same error.

Level 6

I've got the same error when trying to edit places in all uppercase/lowercase; my edits won't save on both the Android app nor desktop. Sometimes the edits are successful, but most of the time I'm unable to save any changes. For example, there was a hypermarket in my city in all caps - I tried editing the name on my phone; that didn't work, but it worked when editing on desktop Maps.

Level 9
Level 9

FWIW I came across this problem again on an edit today when changing an all-capped name (eg ABCEDEF to Abcdef). So I re-tried the edit and included a blank space after the f, and it worked. Whether this will work again or for anyone else, only time will tell

Level 7

Getting "Invalid input" message when I edit a place's name?

Hi,

I've just recently noticed that when I try to edit a place's name, Especially when correcting capitalization, I get the error in this picture. What does this mean? Why doesn't it tell me what's invalid about it?

Invalid Input.png

Level 8

Re: Getting "Invalid input" message when I edit a place's name?

Hi @1upwuzhere,

I merged your post into this existing thread regarding the same issue.

Level 9
Level 9

Re: Getting "Invalid input" message when I edit a place's name?

Hi @1upwuzhere

Please see my workaround, one posting above yours in this merged thread. It seems to be repeatable

Screenshot 2016-12-14 at 04.13.30.png