AmithES's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: BUG : No longer able to correct names with wrong casing

Still the same for 9.43.0 version of Android Maps.

Level 9
Level 9

I concur my workaround doesn't work on mobile sadly. I just tried it on a POI and got the invalid message, however I immediately tried the same edit on desktop and it worked if I added the space

Level 9

Why is there no fix for this.... @Corrie

Former Google Contributor

@Durke @AmithES @Pea @YK1001 @1upwuzhere

The product team is working on this bug and hope to have a fix out soon. They greatly appreciate your reports and helpful info 🙂 

Level 8

Me too.

Level 10

Problem is still here along with: 1.forcing an English name although same name is present in local language and 2. no option to add name in local language if an English name is present.. Android 5.1.1. with latest GMM(beta) ... Any progress?

Level 10

Problem is still here along with: 1.forcing an English name although same name is present in local language and 2. no option to add name in local language if an English name is present.. Android 5.1.1. with GMM( #943008123) ... Any progress?

Level 10

UPDATE :

I'm able to correct the names with wrong casing from the last few days. It looks like the bug is FIXED finally.

Please confirm if the bug is fixed for you all

Level 3

I am able to change most names, but there is one that I keep getting this error for, even in the browser-based Map.

Level 8

@Michael JM,

Can you post the link to that place with the address that you want to use as the new name?  Do you got exactly same error message?