JosephDewey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Awesome job Local Guides Team on the Connect Live 2018 application process

I applied to both 2017 and 2018, and I noticed a lot of great improvements in the 2018 application. Most were very subtle, like the note that said something like, "Just because your view count didn't go up doesn't mean that we didn't watch your video application." And as a side note on that topic, I remember about 5 different Connect posts last year that said "hey! are they reviewing my application! I've been watching my view count on my video every day." That wasn't the only thing. I noticed a lot of other great improvements to make 2018 a lot smoother than 2017.

Other cool improvements...the countdown, the web site changing after you submitted your application, the emails all going out a week later confirming you applied, letting people know you'll let them know yes or no, adding the option for US people, "I have a US passport," and many other improvements.

So, awesome job everyone on the team with improving the application process! I also think it's really cool that you opened it up to Level 5 and above, because I think this year's level 5 was about the equivalent of last year's Level 3, and last year you had to be Level 4, if I remember right. It seems that lots of people are getting excited about Connect and Google Maps, and I think that this application process helps people get really excited for Google Maps.

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Awesome job Local Guides Team on the Connect Live 2018 application process

Absolutely agree with you @JosephDewey, the overall process has improved  a lot.

On top of it, it was nice of @TraciC to share the posts about how to make one minute video.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear during LGSummit17 that Local guides program has grown from 5 million in 2016 to 50 million in 2017. This year 100M maybe? 

Absolutely loving it!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Absolutely agree with you @JosephDewey, the overall process has improved  a lot.

On top of it, it was nice of @TraciC to share the posts about how to make one minute video.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear during LGSummit17 that Local guides program has grown from 5 million in 2016 to 50 million in 2017. This year 100M maybe? 

Absolutely loving it!

Level 10

@AslamMo Thanks! Great points! And it's so cool how much the Local Guides program is growing!

Googler

Hi @JosephDewey and @AslamMo. Thanks for sharing your feedback about the application process for this year's event. I'm going to move this discussion to Feedback & Feature Requests so we can best monitor feedback, but thanks for taking the time to share this note!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

You are amazing badge guy. Admire you.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 10

@ThanhLan Thanks Thanh! Did you post an application this year? Congrats on being one of the first Summit attendees and still being very active!