MichaelJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

All you can drink option...

In the questions that Google Maps asks us, lately I've been seeing "does this place offer an all-you-can-drink option?" I've been clicking "no" to all of these. It never occurred to me that there may be some cultural differences that I have because I live in Texas. In Texas, when we hear "all you can drink" this means alcohol... All you can drink beer or wine or liquor. It just dawned on me that Google Maps may be asking if they have all you can drink soda. Just some thoughts. Not sure how others are taking this all-you-can-drink question. 

10 comments
Level 6

Re: All you can drink option...

I've been seeing the same option, and have been clicking "no" for the same reason as you. I also live in Texas and decided to see what others thought of it and what their reasoning was. This is the only post about it I could find.

Level 8

I live in NJ. In reference to - All You Can Drink - Most bars and Berger Chains and some diners charge per drink, BUT most diners and lunch counters that serve soda from a soda fountain (as opposed to cans/bottles)  usually refill your glass for free. - This can really change the price of lunch quiet a bit. - ALSO some places charge for 2nd cup of coffee/tee, some refill the cup for free.

Level 2

All you can drink option...

I also thought that it meant alcohol, but it makes a lot more sense if they mean soda.

Level 2

I am in Kansas City and do not drink alcohol. (I just do not like the taste.)

I thought of 'all you can drink soda' and 'all you can drink alcohol', so I have been answering yes for both circumstances.

I think some things, such as this and "is food served late", should have regional meaning.

Sincerely,

Thor Nelson

Level 2
Level 2

I think drink means drink, so answer accordingly.  If they ask about alcohol, then that's the type of drink they are specifically asking about.  Otherwise, I respond to any type of drink.

Do you NOT have establishments in TX that offer limitless beverages?  Is there a difference there [in Texas] between "free refills" and "All you can drink"?  I guess you can't get a free "refill" if your spot is offering free bottles of beer!

Perhaps Google could offer the option to separate "All you can drink Alcoholic Beverages" and "Unlimited refills on Non-alcoholic Beverages"?

Regional identifier: Detroit, Michigan and Southern California.

Level 10

I've been to some countries where You can buy one coffee and have refills for the time you're in cafe or you can have all the refills you want on coffee machine as long as you buy their cup... 

Level 7

Hi @MichaelJ

drink mean 'any' liquid that we allow to goes thru our throat,

most buffet restaurant that offer All You can Eat menus also have freeflow/ fountain of iced tea/ coffee/ sodas --> thus this what it means on the All You can Drink 🙂

hope this answer your question.

cheers,

Andrey

Level 8

"all you can drink option" is not the same as "free reefill," which google should also ask about. 

Level 7

In Arkansas (and Texas) almost all restaurants offer free refills on soft drinks and coffee, however there have been a few places that tried all you can drink liquor / beer. When I see this question, i had always assumed it was asking about the later.