Mysta02's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

25+ edits denied, then put through afterward. No credit.

I spent hours editing addresses of 25-30 businesses in my local mall.

Instead of being "Located In" "Cottonwood Mall", they were "Located In" "Showcase", a small store IN the mall.

They were all denied, and I tried twice more. Denied. I came to the forums for advice and followed their directions, and nothing happened right away. No changes or contact with me for clarification.

Since then, they've all been updated with the correct information, but I didn't receive credit for the changes and my edits all still say denied.

I know they're just points, but worked on getting the issue fixed on and off for several months and it would be nice to have the points to show for my hard work.

Even more importantly, I'd be interested to see the correspondence of why it was denied for me, how it was later verified, and what I can do to facilitate changes of this nature quicker in the future.

2 comments
Level 7

Re: 25+ edits denied, then put through afterward. No credit.

I'd also like to know why something was denied or at least be able explain why I did an edit to whoever is denying it.   For example, I tried to correct the company name that I work for to make the capitalization correct, and it was denied.  I can submit again, but I have no way to tell whoever is reviewing it and denying me to "look closely" at my edit.

Level 8

Re: 25+ edits denied, then put through afterward. No credit.

Hi @Mysta02,

The <Located In> is by auto detection at Google's end.

If we find out some obvious errors in each of the POIs involved, then by fixing this errors, may allow Google to correct the association in the next update.

In this case, the errors are via edits by you, and you get the points when they got approved.

When we are reporting something to Google outside the normal channels such as Send Feedback Other Feedbacks or teport in Forums, and if Google pick up the report and take action, it is not considered our edits.  Thus we earn no points in these situations.

But the most important, is that the Maps errors are now fixed.

Compare with Flagging photos and reviews, we do not earn points, we just want to make Maps better for everyone.