Top 100 Google Maps Local Guides Star Videos (July, 2025)

Oh some of us do like surprises @marcorp so are you hinting that something BIG is going on with your Applebee Grill Bar video video?

2 Likes

@AdamGT I noticed a few days ago that Applebee Grill Bar video was my 2nd most viewed video and didn´t notice… :exploding_head:

2 Likes

That’s the true Local Guide spirit @tony_b

Hardware stores are known to do well but I’ve often wondered whether this impact of category is very seasonal.

Is it perhaps because this is a new POI and everyone like you are going there to check it out or need new gloves :thinking: Anyway, it will certainly be interesting to see how this leapfrogging star goes over the next few cycles. Together with the T100 Star Tracking, I think a good indicator of the likely scenario at least in the short term is the trend of the average views per day value.

Oh yes :sob: Been there done that but you learn fast that that isn’t what Google likes!

I don’t even do that these days Anthony. I’ve honed it right back and believe that less is more!

Interesting. Yes do ask and update us.

4 Likes

That’s what we want to see more of @tony_b. We all want to see that our videos are worth taking and having an impact.

2 Likes

Nice Leaderboards as always @AdamGT

I just realised our friend PrasadVR is appearing twice in some rankings as Top 100 and Top Level 10.

And for the record, I can see my start video is always growing in views through the months. Definitely because it’s the main video of a mall that I’ve visited.

4 Likes

Some of us are star gazers @marcorp and some of us are not :wink:

2 Likes

It’s great to hear that your liking the Leaderboards @efcxp and also that your star video continues shine brightly.

Thank also for checking the Leaderboards and finding that we have two @Prasadvr, We only need one Prasad :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes @AdamGT, it did. My Star video gained about 12K views in July 2025.

2 Likes

Vielen Dank @AdamGT für die Video Übersicht. Mein Starvideo hat jetzt schon wieder 10.000 Aufrufe bekommen und auch viele andere Videos befinden sich auf dem Weg nach ganz oben in meiner Bilder Übersicht.. Ich freue mich über die Zuwächse meiner Videobeiträge auf Google Maps.

2 Likes

Good question @AdamGT. While some of those people really might be local guides, it would not apply to me. I often take photos of products just to remember in the future what brand or model I exactly bought. Specifically when buying wine, I do so to keep track where I bought what vintage for what prize.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but it just came to my mind. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Reminds me to a local store, who even shows the sign at the outside window (which is useless because of the “Freedom of panorama” in Germany). This is a store selling handcrafting materials (wool … etc) and I believe, they are afraid of publishing the displayed models to the competition. Another reason might be avoiding to steal ideas for the decoration.

But like @AdamGT, I am also curious if @tony_b is able to get an answer.

2 Likes

Congratulations @TerryPG! Your star video is at the top of the board with average views that are 8 times higher than the second-place. That’s an incredible achievement.

3 Likes

Es ist wirklich Normalität, dass alle Menschen mit dem Smartphone durch die Geschäfte rennen :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

:+1::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: es wird Zeit, dass @IzzyOz und @katydarhel Gesellschaft bekommen :hugs:

2 Likes

Das mache ich auch, aber meistens nicht, um Photos zu machen, sondern ich benutze das Handy anstelle eines Einkaufszettels (Bring!). Das ist wirklich ein wunderbares Hilfsmittel!

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. It’s quite common now for people to take photos in stores.
I have also seen some stores that put up display boards saying photography is not allowed.

2 Likes

Ooo I updated the star video gallery thread, but apparently completely forgot to add the details to the system, hmm.

I’ll sort that for next month @AdamGT

/edit, added all the info, and I must have entered it all previously because all my answered cached. I’ve hit submit, and received the caption details, but all the data has been wiped again.

1 Like

Thanks for publishing these boards as always @AdamGT

Congrats on the featured Photo @katydarhel We do need more background info on the photo please.

Congrats on the featured video @tony_b and I agree with you, for some reason hardware and home improvement stores do very well in views. Perhaps there are so many people searching for hardware products.

2 Likes

Merci @AdamGT pour ces classements. Pour répondre à ta question, oui je note une légère progression des vues en juillet, sans doute grâce à la période estivale. Cette vidéo, que j’ai faite au sommet des falaises d’Étretat en Normandie il y a près d’un an, montre probablement l’un des rares endroits en France où la température reste acceptable actuellement, alors que le reste du pays suffoque sous la canicule ! De nombreux touristes vont certainement y chercher un peu de fraîcheur. Je pense donc que les vues en août pourraient dépasser celles de juillet :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you so much @PrasadVR it’s so much fun watching it go viral. I feel like a proud parent watching it grow.

2 Likes