Velvel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Spanish Dining Experience

Caspar is a Spanish restaurant that consists of two floors with the long coaches as one of their signature. This spacious and homey ambiance restaurant will change into a pub in the night.

Caption : A photo of the interior inside Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the interior inside Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Caption :  A photo of the exterior in Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the exterior in Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Caption : A photo of  the long green couches inside Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the long green couches inside Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Caption : A photo of the long blue couches inside Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the long blue couches inside Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)

We came here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. There was a live music as well, mostly with jazz that brought more comfortable dining in experience. I love it the most when the woman singer sang New York, New York by Frank Sinatra.
Oh.. It felt like a fine day in New York 🗽❤️

Caption : A photo of the ambiance on the second floor of Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the ambiance on the second floor of Caspar, Jakarta. (Local Guide @Velvel)
Since I am not that familiar with Spanish foods, so I checked some reviews and tried the foods based on their recommendations.
So, let's see what we tried!

Pollo Mantequilla
This menu can be served as personal or sharing portion. We tried the sharing portion that consists of a pan-roasted and tender whole chicken with brown butter, served with parmentier (a creamy and delicious mashed potato). This is a recommended menu to try!

Caption  A photo of Pollo Mantequilla. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption A photo of Pollo Mantequilla. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Arroz Del Senyoret Mar & Montana
This is paella, Spanish rice dish that is more like fried rice I guess 😁
It is suitable for sharing among 2 - 4 persons. A big pan of paella with shrimp, crab, clam, chicken, beef, bell pepper. It has a combination of savory, sweet, with a bit spicy taste. The staff will help us to squeeze the lemon and stir the paella thoroughly. After that, we could enjoy it!

Caption : A photo of Arroz Del Senyoret Mar & Montana. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of Arroz Del Senyoret Mar & Montana. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Chocolate Con Churros
It's dessert time!
We tried Caspar's homemade churros that are served with bunuelos (fried dough ball) and chocolate sponge cake with the chocolate sauce in it.The taste is decent and not overly sweet.

Caption : A photo of Chocolate Con Churros. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of Chocolate Con Churros. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Local Guides, have you ever had a Spanish dining experience?
If so, please share your dining experience and recommendation in the comment below 😊

Jakarta, Indonesia
7 comments
Level 10

رد: Spanish Dining Experience

تقرير رائع مدعم بالصور ومكان جميل 

@Velvel  

Munther alhazza
Level 9

Betreff: Spanish Dining Experience

@Velvel 

Und ja direkt mehrfach in Spanien.

Aber zum Beitrag, das Restaurant ist auf den Bildern sehr gut dargestellt und gemütlich.

Die Gerichte sehen auch sehr gut aus und es hat bestimmt gut geschmeckt 

Level 8

Re: Spanish Dining Experience

@Velvel amo la comida española! Las tapas las probó? Vi una foto delos churros le recomiendo churros con chocolate relleno de dulce de leche, nuestra cultura en Argentina está muy unida a la de España.

IMG_20240428_201853_886.jpg

Connect Moderator

رد: Spanish Dining Experience

Thank you for your kind words @malhazza 😊

Connect Moderator

Hi @Annaelisa 

Yeah, this restaurant is so comfortable with good foods as well.

So, what is your favorite Spanish food? 😃

Connect Moderator

Re: Spanish Dining Experience

Hi @Maximilianozalazar 

I'm still not familiar with the meaning of tapas, although I often hear about it.

Is empanadas a part of tapas?

Oh churros with dulce de leche sounds perfect! Sadly, I haven't seen dulce de leche product in Indonesia yet.

But glad that finally I could try the Argentinian dulce de leche from @SilvyC @Jesi 🤩🤩

Level 9

@Velvel 

Im Prinzip nichts spezielles, ich probiere vieles aus aber ich mag Paella und Gerichte mit Shrimps und so weiter