PeteMHW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Manchester LG November 2023 MeetUp: Lunch & Lights

Caption: Banner showing basic MeetUp details on a generic "lights" background.Caption: Banner showing basic MeetUp details on a generic "lights" background.

Every Sunday in the run up to Christmas, Manchester will put on an event for the public in the centre of the city.  Full details of the events can be found here. 

A group of us will meet on Sunday 26th November to record the first of these events in photographs.  Before we wander amongst the street performances,, live music and giant animated puppets,  we will join together for a lunch taken from the Christmas Market stalls newly opened in Cathedral Gardens.

Programme: 

12 noon: Meet by the east window of the cathedral here. Nearest tram stops Exchange Square or Victoria Station 

12:15 lunch taken from the Christmas Market cabins in Cathedral Gardens. You pay for your own food.

12.45 Wander together through Exchange Square, New Cathedral Street, Exchange Street, St Ann’s Square, King Street and Deansgate enjoying the sights and sounds of this festive event, and taking photographs.

3.00 Coffee & Cake Finale in one of the many coffee outlets around the area

4.00 End

Manchester Local Guides is an active group of Google Local Guides, based in Manchester in the North West of England.  Whether you know us or want to get to know us, you would be more than welcome to join this community for this event. 

You're welcome to just turn up and make yourself known to us at 12 noon on 26th, or message below or directly to me, and let me know you're coming.  

Manchester, UK
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Manchester LG November 2023 MeetUp: Lunch & Lights

@PeteMHW  I appreciate your efforts to organise the event, I am sure, this type of meet-ups will strengthen LG Community. All the best!

Signature Image
Connect Moderator

@PeteMHW I'll be there!! Thanks for arranging this!! 🎉🎉🎉 Looking forward to exploring the Christmas markets!! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Google Moderator

Hi @PeteMHW,

I can't open the events page you linked at the beginning of your post, but it could just be my connection. Still! The festive season is officially starting in Manchester, what a treat. 🤩 I can't wait to see all the photos from the photo walk here.

Since this is a meet-up announcement, I will change the topic of your post to Meet-ups

P.S. I hope there will be photos of the "cake finale" too. 😁

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

You're right @DeniGu the link I put in has stopped working - so I've replaced it with a new one, which is basically the same information!

Thanks for relocating the post to the right topic.

One day perhaps, you'll come and join us for an event.   Maybe you'll get a taste for our lovely city if you make it here to the EuroMeetup next June.

Level 10

Have a great day @PeteMHW and @AdrianLunsong see you both soon hopefully

Level 7

Thanks @deadmanjones 

See you soon!