rogvevepla's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Fire elemental summoned on Walpurgis Night

Walpurgis Night is no more about warding off evil spirits and other vicious creatures. And not about witches who try to summon them on purpose. Just a nice tradition and an opportunity to go out.

But sombebody has triggered the forgotten magic yesterday in Gothenburg when the half of the city celebrated another Walpurgis Night. And one of the spirits was accedentally summoned this evening! And captured in a photo:

20240430_204055_04.jpg

You can even distinguish his face! Not sure who he was - maybe a fire elemental. Or, since the celebration was in the North, maybe he is an "eldturs" - a giant fire troll from scandinavian mythology? Judging by the rude face, probably the latter guess is close to the truth.

440698882_7498832210206943_3715043895626550195_n.jpg

To be serious, it was just a flame from the traditional huge bonfire - Valborgsbrasa, which lights up every year on April, 30. And I was so lucky that I took a photo precisely at the moment when the flame took such a nice shape. This particular bonfire was arranged in Slottskogen - the biggest, oldest and most popular park of Gothenburg.

Here is the original shot with the full view of the bonfire:

20240430_204055.jpg

Upd: more precise link to Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/SCmANsiWdQLB1WtJ8 

Gothenburg, Sverige
3 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Fire elemental summoned on Walpurgis Night

@rogvevepla 

Hervorragende Aufnahme und man kann der Fantasie freien Lauf lassen 

Level 8

Re: Fire elemental summoned on Walpurgis Night

@rogvevepla bienvenido a Connect 

Vas a disfrutar mucho de la comunidad.

Luego recuerda que puedes presentarte en Introduce Yourself May 2024 y conocer a otros local guide.

Por cierto está publicación es magnífica me llama mucha la atención del fuego y su poder. Saludos y bienvenido nuevamente 

Level 10

Re: Fire elemental summoned on Walpurgis Night

Hello friend @rogvevepla, nice shots, It’s very interesting tradition still followed.

Signature Image