LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself — December 2016

The "Introduce Yourself" threads (12 , 34 and 5) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community 🙂 Here is who I am:

Me at Shin-Aomori station with two gorgeous shinkansen (yes, I love trains :D)Me at Shin-Aomori station with two gorgeous shinkansen (yes, I love trains :D)

1. Name: Luis
  2. Location: London, UK (but originally from Madrid, Spain) 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to make a difference and knowing that my shared content can help people all over the world (I love the emails about the impact of my photos, yeah). Also, having the chance of meeting like-minded people here on Connect first (and who knows, maybe face to face in the near future) is also amazing. 
  4. I love to share: I have to say everything 🙂 I love sharing photos of the places I visit, tips, I create my own My Maps for my trips (and I love to share them)... Yeah, everything!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I've been a member of the community from the very start and back in the day and have been on the team since 2015 (a dream come true, to tell you the truth)
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Apart from Japanese trains (which is obvious taking a look at my photo), I love burgers. So much, in fact, that a burger restaurant in Madrid has a burger in its menu that was created by me (and it's even attributed to me, using my Twitter handle: it's great when people I don't know tweet mentioning me because of that!) 

So now that you know who I am, it's your turn. Say hello and share a photo of yourself so we can all know a little bit more about who you are.

P.S. Please read this getting started post as it contains helpful info on how to navigate and participate here on Connect. 

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
206 comments
Level 3

希望有更多中文使用者~~~

大家好 我來自台灣 台北市

我在台北市大同區迪化街生活快30年,

迪化街是一個很棒的文化保留地區,希望可以分享給大家

也希望越來越多中文使用者,大家一起加油吧!!!

Level 7

Re: 希望有更多中文使用者~~~

我在台北市士林區社子

希望台灣也能有更多Google活動

Level 6

希望有更多中文使用者~~~

@大安區

Level 8

多一點正體中文使用者,看以後介面會不會有中文的,英文介面有隔閡。

https://www.almightydemiurge.com 臺語是客家話,本省人為客家人。 Taiwanese is Hakka.
Level 7

我在台中市西區,似乎周遭朋友似乎比較少了解此活動,

今年六月,因為在手機上拍照,Google Map主動通知可將那張拍下的照片上傳Google Map,因此才知道有這項Local Guides/在地嚮導 的活動,

對此,我也是希望台灣也能有更多Google活動

@宏名陳 wrote:

大家好 我來自台灣 台北市

我在台北市大同區迪化街生活快30年,

迪化街是一個很棒的文化保留地區,希望可以分享給大家

也希望越來越多中文使用者,大家一起加油吧!!!

Level 3

我是在google信箱收到google發的信才知道這個活動,

不管如何大家一起讓這裡越來越好吧

Level 2

Hello from Guatemala, Central America

Just and introductory note, I'm excited to be here.

Level 1

Hi Ahmedabad -Local guide

Hello ,

I am from Ahmedabad -Gujarat-India ,It so usefull for any body who travel around the city -state,Its Awasame ,Great.

Thanks to be part of LOCAL GUIDE.

Level 7

Hello from Greece!

Greeting to all!

I'm Konstantinos, a new Local Guide from Greece.

I love photography, and I'm using my hobby to enrich Maps with places and pictures everyone could you!

It's good to meet you!