Shirley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Your Most Adventurous Under 24 hour Layover?

Level 10

Thank you for sharing this expecience @Shirley! Istanbul is a very interesting city which is on my bucket list! It's great that the Airlines offered day tours for flights with many hours of wait. And you've taken amazing photos!! 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Thanks for tagging me @Julien44! I really enjoyed reading @Shirley's adventure in Istanbul as well as your adventure in Dubai, which is an amazing city I would love to visit some day 🙂

Julienpaul44 ha escrito:

Hi @Shirley,

Thanks for sharing these Turkish pictures. They are lovely. The blue Mosque is so nice. I really love it!

Regarding our experience of a 24h layover, I could mentionned Dubaï. We went to Thailand last July and we had to stop at Dubai. Instead of staying 2-3 hours in the airport, we decided to make it longer and to take the opportunity to visit Dubai. We book a room in an hotel to have some rest and after we visited the town. This option was great as we didn't feel too much the jetflag.

It was also a great experience as Dubai is a far away culture from Thailand. We took the opporunity to visite malls, the Marina and the Old Dubai.

First, we went to the burj khalifa

burj khalifaburj khalifa

For lunch, we went to one of the Dubai oldest restaurant (indian style). We enjoyed it so much. The food was so good and the best thing was that we were the only tourist in this very busy restaurant.

20170728_140822.jpg

After lunch, at it was 45 degres outside, we had to go to another mall. We discovered the place where you can ski in Dubai. It is unbelievable that there the temperature was -2 degres compare to the temperature outside 45. We didn't take the opportunity to ski but it was amazing to see this. 

20170728_145946 (2).jpg

After the experience, we went to the marina with its huge boats.

20170728_174725.jpg

As you can imagine, this day was fully optimised.

What we have enjoyed the most, was our experience in the old Dubai an espacially our lunch at the restaurant. We felt so close to the Dubai population.

Hey my friends @OSAMA@ValeriaAumasque@DavidTito@IndiaC@BudionoS@LucioV@GeorgesHR@DhéèrajV@MarinSt have you got nice layover experiences to share?

See you around

Jul

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

@NunungAfuah: Wow, I think you would really enjoy Ayasofya! Hope you get to visit one day!

@Julien44: Thanks for sharing your photos of Dubai with us! Really enjoyed seeing your photos and seeing your experience there. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in a short period as well! I've always wanted to visit Dubai and was always amazed with all the things there. I've always been curious about the indoor ski area. I would probably be like you and not try it, but would love to see it.

@SP31: One day, definitely consider taking advantage of layovers. Sometimes you'll find yourself in a place that you enjoy and love a lot more than you ever imagined!

@MarinSt: Thanks! I was surprised that the topic of layovers was not brought up more frequently in Connect, given how many people have travel bug here! Your experience in Paris sounds amazing too. I really enjoy that city as well!

@ThomasLee: I agree, the mosques in Istanbul are amazing. Happy to hear the post brought back some wonderful memories for you 🙂

@LucioV: I fully understand, sometimes, I just want to get to my destination as well.

@ValeriaA_ @OSAMA @Haseeb: Thanks guys! Glad to hear you've enjoyed the post!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 2

Hi, I just want you to know that if you have a layover in Guatemala I could help you to go around using your time as you wish.

yours

Etienne Adant Ciudad de Guatemala 

Level 7

من اجمل المساجد

Level 10

Thank you for sharing this amazing pics @Shirley @Julien44

Here i'm sharing my trip pictures! hope you enjoy.IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_9985.jpg

IMG_9967.jpg

IMG_9910.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

@iDepp This is nice. Thanks for sharing. Could you please givce us some more informations? What is it? Where was it?

Thanks

Jul

Level 10

Yes @Julien44 definitely! please refer Nilkanth Dham - Poicha post.

thank you 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Getting a chance to roam around during a flight is definitely entertaining @Shirley. I don't have experience of flights with transit. Will share with you when I will have. 😃