HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Wonders Of Your Country - Share The 7 Wonders Of Your Country

Many of us are living in different  country's(communities) across the world. The are 196 countries in the world, have you ever thought of the natural wonders that exist in our world? Well in my own country Nigeria there are many wonders, what about yours? Am introducing to you the 7 untamed wonders in my country and I will like to know yours, so when I visit your country I would visit the list of the 7 wonders in your country you showed me and every other Local Guide. As Local guides we have been given the opportunity to discover the hidden treasures in our environment .Thanks to Google and the Local Guides team for giving us this platform to expose our rich cultures to one another across the globe. Let me kick start and show you my list of 7 wonders in my country and I have created this list in a way you can explore the 7 wonders of Nigeria in 7 days.

Untamed List of the 7 Wonders  In NigeriaUntamed List of the 7 Wonders In Nigeria

Explore The Wonders Of Nigeria When Visiting In 7daysExplore The Wonders Of Nigeria When Visiting In 7days

1. Osun Sacred Grove: Is the only tourist destination in Nigeria that has sacred shrines, sculptures,sanctuaries and artworks that are created in honor of the fertility goddess Osun. This places is a UNESCO world heritage site and you can find out and learn more about Osun sacred grove here: Wiki and see some photos on google maps HERE!!

some  of the sacred artworks in the sanctuarysome of the sacred artworks in the sanctuary

goddess of fertility  osungoddess of fertility osun

2. Ikogosi Warm Springs: Is a tourist attraction located at Ikogosi, a town in Ekiti State, southwestern Nigeria. Flowing abreast the warm spring is another cold spring which meets the warm spring at a confluence, each maintaining its thermal properties. These attributes make the spring a tourist attraction in Nigeria. Research suggested that the warm spring has a temperature of about 70oC at the source and 37oC at the confluence. You can read more here at : Wiki!!  And also, the meeting of the warm and cold water could be a pull to tourist, but to some the myth behind it could be a pull to others as tourists visit attractions for varied reasons. There are a few legends surrounding the origin and discovery of the Warm Spring and have been passed down generations for centuries. One such myth says that the warm and cold springs were the two wives of a great hunter. One of his wives was said to be temperamental while the other was a quiet woman. One day, the two wives had a fight and after being rebuked by their husband, the temperamental wife changed to the warm spring while the quiet one turned to the cold spring. Another legend has it that a powerful hunter, while hunting for animals in the forest, first found the warm spring. After the discovery, he went to town with the story and the townspeople on learning about curative powers of the spring, started to worship the spring. Whatever is the true situation remains to be found out as the story of the Ikogosi Warm Spring is told elsewhere and nothing might be compared to taking a trip to this serenity place to see things for oneself. See some photos from the google maps HERE!!Meeting Point of Col&Warm SpringMeeting Point of Col&Warm Spring3. The Confluence River of River Niger&Benue: You can read more about the confluence of River Niger here:River Niger and River Benue here:River BenueConfluence of River Niger and BenueConfluence of River Niger and Benue

Map showing the adjoining point of River Niger and River BenueMap showing the adjoining point of River Niger and River Benue

4. Zuma Rock: This is one of the most visited places by me. I see this rock like 10 times in a week. it is a large monolith, an igneous intrusion composed of gabbro and granodiorite, that is located in Niger State, Nigeria. It rises spectacularly immediately north of Nigeria's capital Abuja, along the main road from Abuja to Kaduna off Madala, and is sometimes referred to as the "Gateway to Abuja from Suleja. Zuma Rock rises 725 metres (2,379 ft) above its surroundings. Zuma Rock is depicted on the 100 naira note Nigeria currency. It was used for a defensive retreat by the Gbagyi people against invading neighbouring tribes during intertribal warring.  You can read more about Zuma rock here: Wiki!!Zuma RockZuma Rock

5. Kano Ancient City Walls: Was a defensive wall built to protect the inhabitants of the ancient city of Kano. The wall was built between 1095 through 1134 and completed in the middle of the 14th century. The Ancient Kano City Walls was described as the most impressive monument in West Africa. According to historians, the then General-Governor of the Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria, Fredrick Lugard, wrote in a 1903 report about the Kano Walls that he had never seen anything like it in Africa after capturing the ancient city of Kano along with British forces. You can read more here: WIKI!!Lenght of Kano Ancient City WallsLenght of Kano Ancient City Walls6. Obudu Mountain Resort: Is a resort on the Obudu Plateau in Cross River State, Nigeria. It was developed in 1951 by Mr. McCaughley, a Scot who first explored the mountain ranges in 1949. Read more here at: WIKI!!  and see more photos here on the google maps: Pictures of Obudu Mountain Resort on The Google MapsOh my goodness can you see Nature at a view :D Obudu MountainsOh my goodness can you see Nature at a view 😄 O...

7. Ogbunike Caves: Is Located in a valley surrounded by tropical rain forest, the collection of caves has been in use over centuries by local people for whom it has particular spiritual significance. This spiritual significance is still apparent. It consists of a massive structure with a big open chamber of about 5 metre high,10 metre wide and 30 metre long at the entrance. There are ten tunnels at the main chamber leading to different directions. The caves are occupied by a large colony of bats of various sizes. Also, there exist streams and body of waters at various places inside the caves. Celebration is undertaken every year to commemorate the discovery of the caves. It is on my bucket list of yet to visit tourist attractions and I hope to visit in the future soon enough. It is also part of the UNESCO tentative list http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5174/ . Read more here: WIKI!! see photos and reviews on the google maps here: Pictures Of Ogbunike Caves on the Google MapsPhoto from googlePhoto from google

So I have shared my 7 wonders am awaiting yours, I cant wait to see the beautiful wonders from your country 😄

Nigeria
201 comments
Level 10

Re: Wonders Of Your Country - Share The 7 Wonders Of Your Country

Nigeria is full of wonders that's what I tell to other after reading to this post @HelloSamsonR. I am gonna read it out minutely. I will post wonders of my country later since it takes some time to workout for gathering information. Thanks for the post bro. 🙂

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP Thanks bro. You can share it with me I would love it, just send me your shots of the 7 wonders in your country. I am creating an album and archiving all pictures and putting them in detail, so when I visit Nepal, I would visit your list :D. 

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR this is cool post , i will share in a movement. 

you changed you name looks cool.

Level 10

@NarenChandra

@NarenChandra wrote:

@HelloSamsonR this is cool post , i will share in a movement. 

you changed you name looks cool.

@NarenChandra Lol, thanks bro, please share your wonders asap. am creating a bucket list of wonders :D.

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR here are few best places you must visit if you are in India .

here is a link that helps to the details of the place here you go and also here

Screenshot (272).pngme at Taj mahal ,7 th wonder of the Worldme at Taj mahal ,7 th wonder of the World

Level 10

@NarenChandra Wow, oh my goodness I cant wait to visit this place, I am archiving asap. Thanks for sharing bro 😄

Level 10

@NarenChandra From the link you sent to me now I just read something there, let me quote it for you "According to local legend, it was believed that Shah jahan cut off the hands of all the workers who built the Taj Mahal so that a similar monument could not be built." Is this true bro ?

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR it is true , how cruel it was cutting of the hands of people who built that beautiful monument. It is the 7th wonder of the world and is a symbol of love.

Level 10

@NarenChandra wrote:

@HelloSamsonR it is true , how cruel it was cutting of the hands of people who built that beautiful monument. It is the 7th wonder of the world and is a symbol of love.

@NarenChandra Wow, I always heard of Taj Mahal but never 1 day paid attention to the story, thanks for sharing this with me, am more than curious now to discover many things I don't know. When am visiting India @NarenChandra you are going to be my guide. 1st place to visit is your list here: Taj Mal The story is indeed really touching.