HermesN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Why not take one time to Ha Long Bay.

Ha Long Bay is located at the West of the Gulf of Tonkin,  archipelago is made up of so much islands and all of these belong to Ha Long City of Quang Ning Province. Don’t just listen many good things, see many nice pictures  about it. Why don’t go there and enjoin it by yourself. So just take this chance, get clothes and go. Now, there are two options that you should think about. Have an own plan go anywhere by any time you like or get a tour. But today I would like to share with you the easiest way to discover the Bay.

Which season is best for us?

At the end of March to June is the best time to come to Ha Long, no storm, nice weather. Form August, the weather becomes worse, more clouds, winds, storms. However, You can see the very blue beautiful sea water in this time. So if you would like see that you may believe on your lucky star. And in November or December,  monsoon begin wind very strong, Hence boats cannot go in this time for keep people safe.

How to come to Halong from Saigon?

• Flight: take a plane to Cat Bi Airport at Haiphong City. Just nearby Halong about 65Km, and after that take a bus or train to Ha Long
  • Bus station from Hanoi: 
    • Kum Ho Viet Thanh -  0962 008 080
    • Phuc Xuyen - 0333 66 33 66
    • Duc Phuc : 0936 359 111 – 0936 555 558
    • Ka Long :  0904 610 975 – 0168 618 6186 – 0982 620 969 – 0983 297 686
    • Tuyen Nam : 0168 329 2559, start from Cua Ong at 07:15 AM, and return from Giap Bat at 02:40 PM
    • Sinh Thanh: 033 3723 696 – 0915 446 929. They support 45 seats bus , and luxury car beds as well

- After a flight to Hanoi, Before go to Halong don’t forget take some time go around here, shopping, visit some well know places. And then you will take one of these buses above to go to Bai Chay, Quanh Ninh. It takes 4-5hours with 170 km distant. Don’t worry, the car will stop a few minutes every 2 hours, so you can "sing a song" if you want.

- You should contact with Bus station to know exactly time schedule of routes. Or you can go the bus station to buy some tickets. 100.000 VND for one ticket  as usual.

I can confirm that the quality of bus here is quite good. Last time I did worry about these buses is bad. But after go  with it. Now I know it a lot better than I thought. Comfortable,  clean, listen some old Vietnamese songs

The bus will stop at Bai Chay bus station.  From here just take a taxi to go to the last point- your hotel. Just one more thing you should care about. That is the price here is not cheap. But don’t worry just enjoin some foods or drinks here and you will figure out that price is higher compare with HaNoi or Ho Chi Minh.

Hotel in Halong:

Most of hotels along the Halong street are large and quite expensive. You can book rooms on some hotel booking website or just take a taxi to the Vuon Dao/Anh Dao street and in there you can select rooms directly. It just far from Bai Chay beach 100-200m. The differnct is in there you can see a lot cheap hotels and rooms are very good as well. But don’t forget check the room before order because some of them are not good. When you find hotel, the best practice is walking around. Because if you ask taxi guy, he often takes you to a hotel that give him commission, so that hotel may not good.  Normally, the price is 150.000- 250.000VND. Last time I get a room for 4 people with 250.000VND.

Hạ Long Bay, Thành phố Hạ Long, Quảng Ninh, Vietnam