cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is Summer like in your Country ? My Summer in Japan and what to do in 2018

Adachi Garden MuseumAdachi Garden Museum

For those planning a trip here,  a good thing to keep in mind is the high humidity.   People coming from arid climates will immediately notice the difference and will most likely sweat profusely, so bring plenty of water and towels.   A good place to go in Kanagawa is Zushi Beach famed for its kid-friendly low tides, safety,  and overall cleanliness.    You can take the whole family here and there is something for everyone.      Another famed place is  Adachi landscape Gardens a popular dry rock garden that beat out Kyoto 7 consecutive times!  

No summer in Japan would be complete without visiting the requisite landscape garden. You have so many places to choose from and so little time to decide which one is best. There are 827 recognized gardens in Japan. You could fly as far as Okinawa and bask in the glory of Shikina-en Gardens, a world heritage. You could follow the throngs of visitors to Kyoto and relish in the beauty of Ryoan-ji Temple, considered by many a masterpiece garden. I chose Adachi Museum of Art. Awarded the best landscape garden in the world seven consecutive times. What better way to enjoy the waning days of summer than to be surrounded by neatly pruned shrubs and Japanese pines. Bring on the green tea and your frothy matcha latte and come sit in the midst of one man's genius creation - Mr. Adachi Zenko. Cultural landscape design is a Japanese tradition that has been passed down from one legendary monk to the next for centuries. The beauty of such landscape gardens is how well two religions infuse aesthetic principles into its grand design. The two principal religions are Buddhism and Shintoism.

No summer in Japan would be complete without visiting the requisite landscape garden.   You have so many places to choose from and so little time to decide which one is best.   There are 827 recognized gardens in Japan.   You could fly as far as Okinawa and bask in the glory of Shikina-en Gardens, a world heritage.    You could follow the throngs of visitors to Kyoto and relish in the beauty of Ryoan-ji Temple, considered by many a masterpiece garden.    I chose Adachi Museum of Art.   Awarded the best landscape garden in the world seven consecutive times.    

What better way to enjoy the waning days of summer than to be surrounded by neatly pruned shrubs and Japanese pines.   Bring on the green tea and your frothy matcha latte and come sit in the midst of one man's genius creation - Mr. Adachi Zenko.    Cultural landscape design is a Japanese tradition that has been passed down from one legendary monk to the next for centuries.   The beauty of such landscape gardens is how well two religions infuse aesthetic principles into its grand design.    The two principal religions are Buddhism and Shintoism, and you can see strong religious influence in this garden art museum.

Now, I probably could have mentioned Tokyo and Kyoto as places to visit in the summer, and Japanese love those places too.  However, the two places mentioned in this post are less mentioned in travel magazines.  Most likely because Adachi and Zushi are local favorites.  

Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
12 comments
Level 10

Re: What is Summer like in your Country ? My Summer in Japan and what to do in 2018

Great post and so amazing photos @Anonymous
Keep up to share the beautiful photos and informative posts.
Thank you for sharing

Best Regards
Rezgar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is Summer like in your Country ? My Summer in Japan and what to do in 2018

Thank you @Rezgar and have a wonderful day!

Level 10

Thanks for sharing your photo and detailed description @Anonymous. I wish I can visit Japan one day. Everything looks so tidy and organized.

Summer in Argentina may vary, depending on the area of the country you are in. The west-north is very dry and hot, reaching temperatures of even 44°C and sometimes more. The east-north is also very warm but more humid because it's near the Amazonas. The center of the country can also be very hot, around 38°C in the worst days, and also a bit humid. The south is usually cold as it's further from the Equator, but in summer it can also reach warm temperatures. I'm sure @FaridTDF can tell you more about that area 🙂

Best wishes

Valeria

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

Wow, your photo is so ... It's looks like a perfect golf 😛

Japan is a country very unique.

Thanks for sharing

Level 9

Hello @Anonymous

Your picture is so beautiful, i have no perfect word to explain it's beauty and nature. Anyway thank you for sharing about Adachi Garden Museum.

Level 10

You're welcome, my dear friend @Anonymous

Best Regards
Rezgar

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ValeriaA_ Thank you for telling me your summer story.  Gets hot out there where you live.  I would love to visit there someday.   Again, thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect green...?  lolol...  Thank you @Picwik and I know what you mean.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AbdullahAM  Thank you for your nice comments, I hope you have a chance to visit this place.