WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: What are some travel tips for first-time backpackers?

@WaweruM I would like to give some tips

Firstly, learn about the place you are planning to visit. About the people, culture like that.

Keep some medicines for basic treatments and cure.

Download the offline maps of that particular area.

Level 10

Good advice

Level 9

There are already a ton of great suggestions...I don't think anyone mentioned this though.

No matter what kind of travel I do, I always bring a pair of flip flops/slippers. If you stay at hostels, your feet will thank you when your in the shared toilet/shower facilities. Plus if you need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, it was much more convenient than putting on a pair of shoes.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

1. Make sure to download the offline map of your destination via Google Maps Android or IOS app. This will help you to navigate even you're not connected to the internet. 

2. Make friends.

3. Take care of your belongings.

4. Enjoy.

Level 10

Nice post brother @WaweruM & @JeslynL I really like your tips thanks for sharing.

Level 10

@KamalhasnaineeBasically you should not forget the small important things

Level 10

@GeorgesHRYou shold try to spend as less as you can without compromising your security

Level 10

@NareshDarjiBased on may peoples suggestions good health should be your number one priority

Level 10

@AmrendraanupamTry to understand the culture of the area you are traveling  through and the security in advance

Level 10

@BudionoS

@BudionoS wrote:

Hi @WaweruM, here my tips

1. bring comfortable yet strong backpack because you will walk more during your traveling. 
  2. bring only one backpack per one person
  3. don't overload your backpack, or it can cause back injury
  4. my favorite backpack is 27 litres in volume with weight no more than 7 kilograms
  5. bring raincoat for your backpack
  6. don't put your egg in one basket: wallet, money, passport, mobile phone and power bank, charger, tickets, must divided to smaller sling bag for practicality
  7. bring small but strong padlock to safe your backpack inside a locker in your hostel 😉
  8. be casual

thanks
Budiono

Thank you for the tips