WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What are some travel tips for first-time backpackers?

(c) pixabay.com(c) pixabay.com

Can we give some travel tips for the first-time backpackers?

Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
70 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: What are some travel tips for first-time backpackers?

My top tip is to carry a first-aid kit with you at all times. No matter how full or heavy your backpack already is, you gotta throw in your charcoal pills, bandaids, bandages, Panadols, etc.! Even if you don't get injured, there is no guarantee you'd be able to adapt to the food in the country you are visiting. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@JeslynLThank you for the tip

Googler

Hey @iyudhi as you often travel light and travel everywhere, I thought you might have some tips! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

@WaweruM it's a nice question. I was victim of this. I think you should check your baggage before you leave that you should take your personal needed things like First Aid and of course a bottle of water, the numbers to contact of all persons in written related with your journey in a paper or handbook. You may keep an extra small bag or anything like this so that you may carry your emergency papers etc. Thanks for your question.  

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Former Google Contributor

Hello to everyone,

I would like to add that the usage of a Hostel, instead of a Hotel or private apartment is a good idea. I would make a good and long research for a good Hostel that suits my needs.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

Nice tips @JeslynL

@JeslynL wrote:

My top tip is to carry a first-aid kit with you at all times. No matter how full or heavy your backpack already is, you gotta throw in your charcoal pills, bandaids, bandages, Panadols, etc.! Even if you don't get injured, there is no guarantee you'd be able to adapt to the food in the country you are visiting. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you for the tip @GeorgesHR 🙂 

👍

Tunisia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Hello @WaweruM nice post.

Have look some tips from my side.

Take a first aid kit.

Required medicines.

Your Identity card with blood group and with emergency contact details.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Hi @WaweruMaweruM @GeorgesHR my suggestion is you should use Couchsurfing platform for free accommodation and food and try to use public transportation to save extra expenses.

Regards 

Amrendra