Vantz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Welcome to Haiti the land of contrasts

10GOOGLE GUIDE.jpg

Welcome to Haiti, the rebellious country, the land of the most beautiful crossbreeding in the world. Haiti is a land of contrasts, both rich-poor; white-black; plain-mountain; warm-cool. It is a country with complex realities.

And "NO!" it is not enough to read books or look at a few reports full of preconceived ideas to get to know this valiant people.

Haitians are a resilient and proud people who just needs to exorcise his old demons, among them corruption and social lethargy, to expose their beauty to the world.

Bienvenue en Haïti, pays rebelle, terre du plus beau métissage du monde. Haïti est une terre de contrastes, à la fois riche et pauvre; blanc et noir; fait de montagnes et de plaines; ou il la température est chaude en plaine et douce dans les hauteurs. C'est un pays aux réalités complexes.

Et NON! il ne suffit pas de lire quelques bouquins ou de regarder quelques reportages truffés d'idées reçues pour apprendre à connaître ce peuple vaillant.

Les Haïtiens sont un peuple résilient et fier qui a juste besoin d'exorciser ses vieux démons -parmi lesquels la corruption et la léthargie sociale- pour exposer toute leur beauté au monde.

Vantz

Pétionville, Haïti
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Welcome to Haiti the land of contrasts

Hi there @Vantz.

There's a show starting on UK TV next week about places that don't see too many tourists, Haiti is featured in the first episode, I can't wat to watch it and maybe learn a little bit about the place. Do you have any photos of Haiti to share?

Best wishes

Level 4

Re: Welcome to Haiti the land of contrasts

@James8Arthur

Sure thing, I will keep you posted. I will try to provide a balanced view of the reality here through my pictures.

I will underline the challenges and show up the strength and opportunities in this 27.750 KM2 Carribean country.

Appreciate your interest