Badruddeen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Visiting China? 🇨🇳 Access Blocked Sites in China With Project Fi

When I visited China a couple of times unless you use a VPN service there is lot of restrictions on internet

The good news is this. Read on...

Android: Project Fi already makes it cheap and easy to use your phone all over the world without needing to swap a new SIM card in every country, but if you’re planning a trip to China, there’s one huge reason to check out Google’s service.

One writer at Android Authority recently took his Fi-friendly phone to China and found that the service allowed him to bypass all of the country’s internet censorship without any extra software. The Chinese government blocks a bunch of different websites, including Facebook, all the Google services (Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Drive, etc), and various news sites. Most people get around this by using a VPN to spoof their locations, but Project Fi apparently works just as well.

Read more...

Source Lifehacker

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Visiting China? 🇨🇳 Access Blocked Sites in China With Project Fi

@Badruddeen ðŸ˜Š. Great to know. But I guess with everything else, it may soon get blocked too. Let's see. Is Fi only for US customers or anyone around the world can subscribe?

Level 8

Re: Visiting China? 🇨🇳 Access Blocked Sites in China With Project Fi

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@Badruddeen ðŸ˜Š. Great to know. But I guess with everything else, it may soon get blocked too. Let's see. Is Fi only for US customers or anyone around the world can subscribe?

Hi Stephen

Please visit Project Fi website.

Looks like it's only available for US customers.

Cheers