mdmkoo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Vegetarian-Friendly places in Singapore

I am a flexitarian who avoids meat (my parents are strict vegetarian... I'm just not as strict but I'm not used to chewing on meat so I totally avoid putting them in my mouth) and I've been going to restaurants with my friends and ordering the vegetarian dishes (otherwise just sharing dishes and I'll just take the veg part and leave the meat to my peers dining with me).

I've just started working on a new project on my YouTube channel, working on a series called "Non-Vegetarian Restaurant Serving Vegetarian Food", NVRSVF for short.

Here is my first video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjHoyNDJp34

I'm hoping to share much more than one and I'll be back to share here if I have new videos up, as I feel it will benefit vegetarian travellers who are keen to visit Singapore. 

Cheers!

Singapore
26 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Non-Vegetarian Restaurants Serving Vegetarian Food in Singapore

Wow, good effort on the video there! Though I must say 'NVRSVF' does sound quite a mouthful. Perhaps you can consider something simpler like 'Veges among normies'? But otherwise this is useful and good effort!

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Wow, good effort on the video there! Though I must say 'NVRSVF' does sound quite a mouthful. Perhaps you can consider something simpler like 'Veges among normies'? But otherwise this is useful and good effort!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @mdmkoo,

Thanks for sharing this. I was not aware of the "flexitarian" term till now. I liked the video, it certainly has an interesting concept. I'd agree with @DoriyaKiz though, the abbreviation is quite long and hard to pronounce. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@DoriyaKiz wrote:

Thank you for the feedback! I'll work on the title of this series so it won't be such a mouthful! 😄

Level 8

@NadyaPN wrote:

Hey @mdmkoo,

Thanks for sharing this. I was not aware of the "flexitarian" term till now. I liked the video, it certainly has an interesting concept. I'd agree with @DoriyaKiz though, the abbreviation is quite long and hard to pronounce. 🙂

Thank you for the feedback too! Yes, I'll work on making it shorter and sweeter! 😄

Level 8

This is a great idea MdmKoo! When I lived in Singapore the number 1 question I was asked by visiting friends and family was where to find vegetarian meals - of course there is so much! Great of you to highlight it 🙂

Level 8

@mdmkoo

Great initiative and nice term "flexitarian" 🙂

It's quite a practise here in India also with very less number of restaurants serving strict vegetarian food.

Level 8

@Steena wrote:

This is a great idea MdmKoo! When I lived in Singapore the number 1 question I was asked by visiting friends and family was where to find vegetarian meals - of course there is so much! Great of you to highlight it 🙂

Thank you! I'll share more places that serve vegetarian food 🙂

Level 8

@Garg_Saab wrote:

@mdmkoo

Great initiative and nice term "flexitarian" 🙂

It's quite a practise here in India also with very less number of restaurants serving strict vegetarian food.

Ahhh... I see!

I usually just pick non-meat dishes in restaurants, or sometimes just share a main dish with someone, and take the side dishes like whipped potatoes and greens while the friend (or my hubby who's not vegetarian) take the main if it's a meat dish.

Level 8

Thank you @DoriyaKiz and @NadyaPN!!

I've created a new video in this topic and featuring both of you too! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNOLZpZDSyo&t=0s&index=3&list=PLcv3UtP91xJ0L7IGhcJCLPILZYivUu8g0

It's now called "WVF" (with vegetarian friends) and i will feature non-vegetarian places that serve vegetarian food, as well as vegetarian places in future too 🙂