YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Vancouver trip during Summer break

My family of four just booked our tickets going to Vancouver during Summer break.  We might be on and off in Vancouver for 4 weeks.

Any advice for:

- Car Rental

- Good Food

- Interesting activities for Young Adult and Kids?

Vancouver, BC, Canada
8 comments
Level 9

Re: Vancouver trip during Summer break

@YK1001 Very nice, you're coming as well now! 😄

My Maps of some major highlights to see in the downtown Vancouver area.

My Maps of food by cuisine.

Not sure if you want to rent a car or not, since drive on different side. But major companies like Avis, Budget, Hertz are very standard and you can pick up from airport. Not too expensive as well if you book in advance.

If you have four weeks here, I encourage you to travel as well to Banff, Victoria, Whistler, and if you all have US visas to Seattle. Travelling to these places would be very easy with a rental car.

It is a lot of scenery if you come in the summer or you can enjoy some hiking as well. 

You must try dim sum here and see what you think compared with HK. Ping me with your exact dates if you want to meet up.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

Thank you very much @Shirley for your advices!

I definitely want to see you in Vancouver!

Level 6

Just like @Shirley suggested, I would also suggest taking a trip down here to Seattle as well.  Vancouver and Seattle are very similar cities with lots to offer.  Amtrak Cascades could help make it easy for you.  Sit back, relax on the train, take in the scenery, and head back to Vancouver whenever you decide.  http://www.amtrakcascades.com/

Level 9

Sure, sounds good @YK1001!

I promise I'm much less busy here in Vancouver and will have time!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Hi @YK1001

I have been to Vancouver and it was pretty great. I really enjoyed my time there and I think you will too. I would definitely suggest checking out Granville Island where they have restaurants with a market and Queen Elizabeth Park is a another great option to check out. Both options are good for families. The Sandbar Seafood restaurant on Granville Island is good and the Rogers Chocolates has yummy ice cream. A good idea for the family would be to go see the Capilano Suspension Bridge, which I had a fun time visiting. I liked getting some desserts from Ganache Patisserie while there. I hope this helps! 

Level 8

I am flying out of Sunday July 15 with my daughter.  While my wife and my son's flight are on July 17.

We planned a road trip to Banff during Aug 4 - 12.

Please let me know if we can meet with each other.

Level 9

@YK1001 of course we can. What do you have in mind? Can pm me to organize. 

Level 8

Hi @Shirley,

I am thinking to have dinner together on Jul17 night, or during Jul 21 (SAT), Jul 22 (SUN), so that we can follow you to look around Vancouver.