SovitaD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Trip to Western Nepal_ Bardia National Park

I was delighted to get the proposal for visiting Bardia from @LaxmiG1 and instantly checked for the dates 12th and 13th May. Periods free days-weekend-its perfect, so I said "Okay Lets Go" but still I was not assured until the tickets were confirmed. I was too much excited for the trip as this was my first visit to the most western part of Nepal after Dang.
Bardia National Park EntranceBardia National Park Entrance

Fortunately, we got our ticket moved so didn't have long wait at airport and reached Nepalgunj at around 6:00PM and had a fine stay at Kitchen Hut.
Nepali Khana SetNepali Khana SetMushroom DuplexMushroom Duplex

On Saturday we were adjoined by another friend-our real guide, Noyendra who took us to Bardia Adventure Resort for lunch after 2 hours drive from Nepalgunj, the place resembled its name and the resort had its own history. They had planned a Jeep safari for us so we went for Safari with other groups.We were not lucky enough (in fact we didn't have patience to wait for hours) to see the tigers in their natural habitat  so we were a bit disheartened but happy to have that wonderful excursion.
We Two During SafariWe Two During Safari
She says "I am Beautiful "   ;)She says "I am Beautiful " 😉

Tharu Cultural dance was arranged at the evening for which LaxmiG seemed much more excited, she borrowed the dress and danced with them due to poor outdoor lighting those memories could not captured satisfactorily.
Cultural dance:
LaxmiG with Tharu Cultural Dance GroupLaxmiG with Tharu Cultural Dance Group

During Dinner the plan for Sunday was to go to Banana Resort at Tikapur and visit Chisapani bridge and return back to Nepalgunj for next mornings flight despite of the rumors of Strike assuming that it won't affect those areas.
Somebody knocked our door early morning and said there is no chance to take vehicles out of the National Park Area due to Nepal Banda (it's a kind of strike where people are not allowed to run vehicles all over the country)
Only choice for us was Rafting, Noyendra was not interested for rafting so only two of us joined others for that day.

We drove all the way to Chisapani bridge through the dense forest of National Park and started rafting beneath the Karnai -Chisapani Bridge. Being in the middle of  Karnali (largest river of nepal) and beautiful bridge in the background, for a while  I remembered the moment at Cruise Ride to Golden Gate Bridge.
Rafting BeginsRafting Begins

Excited !!Excited !!

She is Busy watching birdsShe is Busy watching birds

Encountered a Wild Elephant - Experienced most dangerous encounter ever in life (We thought that was the end of our life)
We were bored after few hours , guides were motivating us with the possibility to see the Tigers ahead.We were not allowed to make noise or even talk in some of the areas .
All of a sudden in a turning we saw an Elephant,our boat was taken to another side immediately. Elephant had already noticed us he gave a dangerous look.
Firstly I thought it was normal as we used to see friendly elephants in Chitwan, later our guide instructed us to remain completely quiet and get out of boat slowly. When I noticed the guides themselves were shivering then heartbeat almost stopped, we hide behind the bushes and had taken few video clips apart from being frightened.

Few TIPS:
1. Nepali domestic flights are often not on scheduled time so be prepared for that.
2. Flight rates fluctuates often so keep on updated for lowest cost as far as possible.
3. Be prepared with plenty of water to beat the heat.
4. For Rafting have some energy drinks and chocolate bars on your own, which might not be provided by organizers as per the expectation.
5. Be prepared how to spend 6 hours on water, one can get bored and scared after few hours.
6. Do not just fall off the boat unless getting OK signal from guide, crocodiles may appear in some shallow area of Girwa River.
7. Be prepared for Do's and Don't Dos if encountered wild Elephants,Tiger or Rhinos.

Bardia National Park, Nepal
22 comments
Level 9

Re: Trip to Western Nepal_ Bardia National Park

@NirajBhusal @BishowvijayaP @Surendra @RupendraNeupane @PushpendraKhadka  Hope you guys like this one.
Original post was a bit better than this but again that draft was removed 😞
आज फेरी लेख्ने जागर चलाएँ  😐 

Level 8

Nice one @SovitaD dd hope to be part of another trips like this 😀😀😀

Level 10

Hi @SovitaD

Seems like a fun full,adventures tour of lovely and beautiful side of Nepal,the most thing attract me is Nepali Khana set,that's delicious,

Thanks for the information and details,

You both are looking good and happy,

Thank you

Level 10

@SovitaD working on a draft of connect is just like dancing in the edge so please always work on google docs.😉

But I am wondering why I didn't get a proposal @LaxmiG1

You guys, for the first time, felt the adventure. Fear with fun; that's the benefit of being alive. Thank you so much for sharing this beautifully presented memo. This awakes me to visit the Bardia National Park once. 😃

बाहुबली चलचित्र हेरेको मान्छे पनि हात्ती देख्दा डराउने हो? लक्ष्मी जी लाई लड्न पठाईदेको भए भैहाल्थ्यो नि । 😂😂

Level 8

सही हो @SovitaD

मलाई पनि एकपटक चाहीँ जान मन लाग्यो झन फोटो देख्दा त गईहालौं जस्तो । अब एसो मिलाएर Wild Life Photography हान्नु मन छ । अब देखि Google Docs मा लेखेरमात्र यता पोष्ट गर्नुहोला अनि सजिलो हुन्छ ।

अब चियाँ खाँदै हात्तीको काहानी सु्न्नपर्छ है ।

tag गर्नुभएकोमा मुरी मुरी धन्यवाद ।

निरज 

Level 9

Hey @SovitaD Nice pictures and informatic content ,Hello Nepali Khana set is yummy I think you enjoyed a lot....

Former Google Contributor

Woah! @SovitaD, that's a great topic! It seems like you've had a great time. I also really appreciate the tips in the end of the post. Thanks so much for sharing!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@BishowvijayaP हात्तिले सुड उचालेर नदि पार गर्दै गर्दा अब यो कहानी यो adventure तपाई सुनाउन नपाइएला किि भन्ननेकत्रो पिरभएको थििियो फेरि @SovitaD जि भने भिडियो खिच्दै माााथि उक्लनु भको झाडि  भको थियो तेहि पछि हात्ती खोज्दै ती पो पुगो र हाम्रो अनुहार हेर्ने लायक थियो कर्णाली मा डाइभ हान्दै रमाइलो गर्दै हिडे सबै हात्ती ले लियो । हात्ती नभेटिएको भए सायद यो हाम्रो trip अधुरो हुन्थियो बिशेष धन्यवाद बिप्लब लाई उस्कको बन्द जङ्गल सफारि गरियो नत्र हामी केरा घारी मा गएर केरा को मोमो खाएर फर्किन्थियु होला । मेरो request लाई accept गर्नु भको मा धन्यवाद @SovitaD जि it was really amazing trip  we had ever and very soon  iam planning  for next trip hope @BishowvijayaP @ you will join with me . Thank you for tagging me 

Connect Moderator

@SovitaD

Very nice post! You invested a lot of time in this, „only“ because of us. 🙏🙏🙏 Thank you.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r