NewFolder5's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Travelling is Life.....Travel Best...:)

Travelling allows one to peek through a window into other cultures.  The more you do that, the more you begin to respect people different from yourself, for one, and the more you begin to see the world as both bigger and smaller than you thought. Expanding your vision and knowledge set makes you more interesting, and also more aware.  I have found that exposure to many different cultures, around my country and around the world, has made me a better, more knowledgeable, and more tolerant person.

travelling-1024x576.jpgTravellingTips_TOPBANNER.jpg

Reduces your stress
Travelling can take away all the stress from your life. When you travel, you are away from the boring daily routine of your life and you see new things which give your mind peace. You feel completely relaxed when you see new surroundings, new people, new lifestyles etc. Even if you are on a business trip, the fact that you are in a completely different city can take all the stress out. Of course, the travel stress will be there especially if your visit involves a lot of sightseeing and outings, but travel stress is positive stress. It is not the stress which is caused by the pain and anxiety at home or at work.

Have New Experiences: Travelling is the best way of having new experiences. Imagine climbing a mountain or going for a walk on the beach, or going to a museum or going to a national park. Imagine the infinite possibilities travelling opens up for you.

Time To Think About Big Questions of Your Life: In our daily life we don't really have time to think about things that matter and travelling gives you the time to think about, to reflect, to wonder about the big questions of your life and the big questions of the universe.

Gain New Perspective: Travelling is the best way of gaining the new perspective, new points of view about leading your life. You meet so many people along your journey and they all influence you in some way. You just forget about you and your petty problems for a small amount of time and understand that there are a lot of people who are struggling for bare necessities in life.

Learn About Different Cultures: Travelling is one of the best ways to enlighten yourself about different cultures. You get to learn about a new place. It’s culture, it's traditions, it's history. You might even encounter a new language. You get to learn about the different kinds of arts and crafts associated with that place. You get to learn about the food and fashion habits of the people living in that place.

Appreciate The Glory of Nature: It also helps us in appreciating nature in all its glory. The chirping sounds of the birds, the songs of the rivers, the howling of animals we might just miss it all if it was not for travel. You learn to appreciate aesthetic beauty because of travelling. While travelling you will come across several sights that will just blow your mind.

Expanding Our Awareness: Travelling helps you in expanding your awareness and introduces you to a great diversity of people. Travel helps you in generating empathy and compassion for everyone. It helps in removing all the biases, prejudices that we all develop in our daily life. In life, we tend to bracket people according to their race, nationality etc but travelling helps in removing all the stereotypes. It makes you a better and a complete human being.

I think the travel writer Paul Theroux puts it beautifully: “The wish to travel seems to me characteristically human: the desire to move, to satisfy your curiosity or ease your fears, to change the circumstances of your life, to be a stranger, to make a friend, to experience an exotic landscape, to risk the unknown..”

Credits - Quora

Nalco Nagar, Angul, Odisha, India
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Travelling is Life.....Travel Best...:)

Hi @NewFolder5. Thanks for sharing about the greatness of travelling but please do give credit where credit is due or we will have to remove the post. It looks like this post is put together with articles and images from here, here, here and here.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

Re: Travelling is Life.....Travel Best...:)

Thanks @JeslynL for the advice...

I will keep this in mind...:)