Haseeb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu - Amazing Malaysian city

Hari Raya Aidilfitri is the year's biggest celebration & longest holidays here in Malaysia. It is called with different names around the world & the most famous is 'Eid Al Fitr'  On this year's Hari Raya, I went to Kuala Terengganu, a town 270 Miles (435 Km) from the capital city of Kuala Lumpur (where I stay)

Kuala Terengganu is the capital city of Terengganu state, located at the east coast of Malay peninsula, facing South China Sea. It is a royal capital & palace of King is also located here. Kuala Terengganu is most famous for it's beautiful beaches, islands with cotton white sands & crystal clear waters.
To reach here from the capital city there's two possible ways Air or via Road. There's 3-4 domestic airlines which operate flights on daily basis between KL & KT, flight time is 45 min approx. and it will cost you less than 50 $ / RM200. Also, you can travel here via highway, a lot of famous bus operators have daily routes between KL & KT. A bus trip of 5 Hours would cost you around 10$ / RM45. Well, since I'm a resident here, I prefer to drive & it is also a good option to rent a car on daily basis for around 30$ or RM120 if you wish to drive. The highways are quite fine & since Terengganu is a toll free state, the toll rates passing through from other states are not so heavy on pocket as well. Easily accessible hotels, resorts & homestays are available on a very competitive rates.

Some of the famous tourist attractions: 

Whenever you happen to be in Kuala Terengganu, all the above mentioned are must visit places. But, during my this short trip, I photo walk within the newly developed town area & some other underrated places. I would like to share some of my clicks with you guys. Please feel free to leave your comment/suggestions below ?

I took this opportunity & turned my short trip into a quick solo photo walk around this amazing Malaysian city. I have been to Kuala Terengganu countless times & feel kinda boring with all those places which is quite famous among the tourists, rather this time I walked into the less famous & underrated places of K.T ?

This signage located at highway which leads to Kuala Terengganu town, it reads as 'Selamat Datang ke Kuala Terengganu' (Welcome to Kuala Terengganu)Welcome signage on highway entrance of Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaWelcome signage on highway entrance of Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

Here is a picture of batu buruk beach & it's resorts facing South China Sea & Kapas Island at far top right.
Batu Buruk Beach & it's resorts looking over at South China Sea, Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaBatu Buruk Beach & it's resorts looking over at South China Sea, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

Next Picture is of a roundabout (Yes, just a roundabout) but this is one of the main circular intersection of traffic & it's after the name of a very famous engraved stone. Namely 'Batu Bersurat Terengganu' In english its known as Terengganu Inscription Stone. The inscription on it dated back to the 14th century & it was recovered from a  submerged condition later in 19th century. The inscriptions is in Jawi language and was one of the oldest testimony to the advent of Islam as a state religion in the region.Batu bersurat roundabout, Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaBatu bersurat roundabout, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

The Syariah Court building of Kuala TerengganuSyariah Court Building, Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaSyariah Court Building, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

PB Station, Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaPB Station, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

Complex Seri Iman, Kuala Terengganu, MlalaysiaComplex Seri Iman, Kuala Terengganu, Mlalaysia

Day/Night view of UTC (Urban Transformation Centre) Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaDay/Night view of UTC (Urban Transformation Centre) Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

Another beautiful, waterfront town is under construction in Kuala Terengganu, MalaysiaAnother beautiful, waterfront town is under construction in Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

Overall, it was a great day & I took this opportunity of holidays to edit maps, check the facts & help answer the questions, of course with a lot of photographs. After doing some colour corrections, I did add them to maps as well. Feel free to have a look at my complete google photos album of the day ?

See you at my next adventure

Best Regards

Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu - Amazing Malaysian city

Fantastic information for all and specially for me @Haseeb 

I want to visit Malaysia soon so I will surely ask guidance from you about which trip is more suitable for me.

Because I know that you are the best person there who can guide anyone without any relation or benefit. God bless you bro

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Most welcome bro @KashifMisidia
Anytime you wish to visit Malaysia, do let me know. I will be your host 🙂

Level 10

You had enjoyed a great trip @Haseeb. Thanks for sharing the post. I wish to know the meaning of 'selamat' as I have been seeing this word frequently. I could have googled it but wish to hear from you. 😁

Level 8

Great traveller @Haseeb, I like to read your post, especially in your post I  get a lot of information about the place, the way of your explanations, motivates me to visit the place that you have visited.

Thanks, bro @Haseeb to sharing with us your great experience. Hopefully, it helps all of us who want to visit Kuala Terengganu.

Level 9

Welcome @Saidulkarim & @BishowvijayaP 
I'm glad you guys like it 🙂

Bishow the word 'selamat' is an adjective in malay or indonesian language which doesn't have a meaning. But, it's used in common terms for example selamat datang = welcome

selemat hari jadi = happy birthday
semalat perkahwin = happy wedding 
selamat malam = good night
etc etc

Level 8

Ok. Cool @Haseeb

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing. 

Cheers

Level 9