Felipe_Santello's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Traveling to Houston

Hi Local Guides from Houston (or travelers).

I'll be spending some time in Houston next month (30/april to 4/april) for OTC 2018 expo and will have some time at night to do a tour in the region. 

Can you share your experience with me?

What should I not miss?

Houston, TX, EUA
3 comments
Level 7

Re: Traveling to Houston

Hi Felipe, 

My name is Stephanie. I currently live in Houston and I thought I would share some of my thoughts to help you out. At night I would probably hit up a bar and there are plenty of bars available, it just depends on you. Some of the bars that I suggest are Irish Cowboy, which is closer to downtown, and Cottonwood, which is up in the Heights. There is also Axelrad Beer Garden, Eight Row Flint, Heights Bier Garden, and newly opened Hollman Draft Hall. King's BierHaus is an option if you wanted a more traditional German feel. For a different experience that is more Texas you can check out Redneck Country Club or Wild West to enjoy some dancing and country music. Food wise there is so much that Houston has to offer. Uptown/Galleria area has plenty of options to choose from like North Italia and Caracol, which I really like both. Along Westheimer Road are a bunch of restaurants as well like Hugo's and The Hay Merchant. Torchy's Tacos is always a good option in Texas and has multiple locations in Houston. The Galleria mall is a good place to check out because it is pretty big and there are over 400 stores to check out. Rice Village is another option you could check out for food and shopping and it's closer to NRG. Lastly, if you want something fun to do there are a few escape room locations throughout Houston if you wanted to try your luck with a group of people or head over to classic Dave and Buster's. Sorry for such a long reply I just wanted to give you a bunch of different options and make sure you enjoy your time is Houston. Let me know if you have any questions. Below I listed my suggestions to make it a bit easier. 

Bars: 

Irish Cowboy

Cottonwood 

Axelrad Beer Garden 

Eight Row Flint 

Heights Bier Garden 

Hollman Draft Hall 

King's BierHaus 

Redneck Country Club

Wild West

Food:

North Italia

Caracol

Hugo's 

The Hay Merchant 

Torchy's Tacos

Shopping/Food:

The Galleria 

Rice Village 

Fun:

Escape rooms 

Dave and Buster's 

Level 6

I would suggest the food truck on Westheimer, they have very good medetrian food. It’s called AlArabi halal food, ask for lamb shawarma you will love it.

Level 8

I would second the suggestion of hitting up Rice Village. They've got really great food and some decent shopping. If you're looking for italian food, just a little further north of Rice Village is a restaurant called Giacomo's, which is the best italian food for a reasonable price. For dessert, Amy's Ice Cream is excellent.