NunungAfuah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Traveling to Bali in 2 days

Hi Local Guides!

I had two days adventure in Bali for first week of April 2018. I had a lot of stories and had a chance to meet @Shirley, a gorgeous Local Guide from Vancouver, Canada.

Very beautiful terrace rice field!Very beautiful terrace rice field!

I usually use train during my trip in many places Indonesia, but I took bus for going to Bali since the train only stop in Banyuwangi. It was 15 hours long trip to reach Mengwi terminal

Buses in Mengwi terminalBuses in Mengwi terminal

I arrived in terminal at 7 am. One of Bali Local Guides, Sandra (problem tagging) picked me up. We had a fancy breakfast with a good view in here.What a view!What a view!Then, we went to a very iconic Ulun Danu Beratan Temple, and to my surprise it is a picture on our IDR 50k currency!

Me wore Bali Local Guides hat!Me wore Bali Local Guides hat!

In the afternoon, finally I met Shirley and friends to have a good seafood and to wait for sunset in Jimbaran beachA very good place to wait for sunsetA very good place to wait for sunset

And here we go, our sunset!

Very beautiful!Very beautiful!

In the night, we met another Bali Local guides and had dinner in Betutu Bu Lina, one of special cuisine in Bali. They have two special chicken (basah and goreng) with spicy taste.Me, Shirley and Bali Local GuidesMe, Shirley and Bali Local Guides

Day 2

I and Shirley came to Ubud and we went to Tegallalang rice terrace, a very peaceful rice terrace. We had a very memorable journey since we rented a motorbike. Shirley told the story about her first ride in here.Want to be here?Want to be here?People usually spend much time exploring the rice terrace. Me and Shirley even had a nap for a moment after eating a cup of instant noodle. LOL.

At 1 pm, we moved to Goa Gajah, people call it elephant cave. Never forget to wear saroong in this holy place. Beware of local people who approach you in the parking place who offer saroong, drink, or others unless you have to buy.

Me and Shirley were in front of the entranceMe and Shirley were in front of the entrance

Having a good time in Goa Gajah, it was time to have lunch! We went to Bebek Bengil!

Want to try?Want to try?

We had a last place to visit before Shirley leaved, that's Ubud traditional art market. Time to shopping! In this market you might find every souvenir you need to buy. Just put it on your list if you go to Bali. Ubud marketUbud market

Shirley had leave at 5 pm to catch her flight and we went to our each home. So sad.. 😞 

Bonuses:

I took bus on the day after Shirley left, so I came to visit Bajra Sandhi Monument, a historical place in the center of Renon race field in Denpasar. People usually came here for visit or even to have wedding photoshot! They have diorama about Bali in time to time inside the building.The entrance of the monumentThe entrance of the monument

One diorama in the monumentOne diorama in the monument

I think Bali is never enough to be explored! Next time, I will bring my camera pocket and spend more days! 

Regards,

Nunung Afuah 

Indonesia Local Guides
Bali, Indonesia
88 comments
Level 9

Re: Traveling to Bali in 2 days

Amazing journey @NunungAfuah

My next visit to Indonesia will definitely wants to go to Bali, I like the Goa Gajah most 🙂

Regards 

Level 9

This is one of best posts @NunungAfuah,

Very very nice photos and adventure ,

Very nice photo with @shirley 😄

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Haseeb. I am happy that you like it. Yes, come to Bali and feel the atmosphere! 

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@OSAMA wrote:

This is one of best posts @NunungAfuah,

Very very nice photos and adventure ,

@Very nice photo with @Shirley 😄

thanks @OSAMA for your kind words 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

Beautiful photographs @NunungAfuah, this time I missed this trip and hope I will make this soon.

Nice to see you and @Shirley  together 🙂

Level 9

I want to try this delicious dish @NunungAfuah , looks yummy yummy 😀

Connect Moderator

Hi @IlankovanT, father of baby Kimmy, how was your Visa? Visit Bali soon? 

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@OSAMA wrote:

I want to try this delicious dish @NunungAfuah , looks yummy yummy 😀

how about this seafood we try in Jimbaran?Want to try?Want to try?

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Love your photos and recap @NunungAfuah! Happy to see both another mini #LGSummit17 reunion and now a mini Connect Moderator meetup with @Shirley.

Did you go see the monkeys in the Monkey Forest in Ubud? 

Cheers,

Karen