DanSvvt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Travel to Toronto

Hello to local guides in Toronto, I will be visiting the city soon and I would like to hear your opinion on places that must be visited.

Toronto, ON, Canada
23 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Travel to Toronto

Hey @DanSvvt,

For kid-friendly travels, there are lots of things in Toronto to look forward to!

Within Toronto (but not in downtown): 

- Toronto Science Centre

- Toronto Zoo

Downtown:

- Ripley's Aquarium

- CN Tower

- Royal Ontario Museum

- Art Gallery of Ontario

- Fort York National Historic Site 

- Harbourfront Centre (Usually has lots to see, depending on your time of the year)

- City Hall (for our TORONTO sign)! 

Hope you enjoy our city.!

PS. Kids aged 12 and under ride free on TTC (our Transit System!). 🙂

View solution in original post

Level 7

Casa Loma, grand electric for tacos, dineen coffee for a pretty nice café, cn tower, sky zone trampoline park, trinity bellwoods area, Kensington market area, distillery district. 

check out the local guides swap video where I took around a fellow local guide from Taipei in Toronto. We got up to some pretty fun stuff!

Level 7

Thank you, do you know what places are more suitable for kids under 3 ?

Level 6

The downtown core alone has lots to offer, for 3 year olds they have the Ripley's aquarium right at the bottom of the CN Tower. The CN Tower tour has lots to offer already for all ages 🙂 Toronto Zoo is nice for the kids, I'd say that's a days worth of walking around.
Level 10
Solution

Hey @DanSvvt,

For kid-friendly travels, there are lots of things in Toronto to look forward to!

Within Toronto (but not in downtown): 

- Toronto Science Centre

- Toronto Zoo

Downtown:

- Ripley's Aquarium

- CN Tower

- Royal Ontario Museum

- Art Gallery of Ontario

- Fort York National Historic Site 

- Harbourfront Centre (Usually has lots to see, depending on your time of the year)

- City Hall (for our TORONTO sign)! 

Hope you enjoy our city.!

PS. Kids aged 12 and under ride free on TTC (our Transit System!). 🙂

Level 6

Toronto is a fun city!

There is lots to do for little people in addition to their adult counterparts.

I second the Ripley's Aquarium which is right downtown by the CN Tower. Depending on when you're here, catching a Blue Jays game is always fun.

If you're taking a trek a bit north to the Vaughan area, Vaughan Mills Mall is great, Legoland, and Tiny Town ( a small indoor play area that is, well, a tiny town!).

Enjoy your stay!

Level 7

Thanks for the nice list @Kayimi.How much is a regular ride for the transit system and how is the parking situation on the locations you provided, do you advise to take the car or the transit

Level 7

Thank you for the nice list of kids activities @HHandy . I also wanted to ask if the stores accept American dollars or I need to exchange Canadian dollars?

Level 7

All great answers from the guides!

I hope you enjoy your stay in our city!

A great website to get you started seetorontonow.com

Have a great time!

SM
Level 7

Not all stores would accept USD and you might end up paying more. Best to have CAD on you. One good idea is to buy a prepaid cards like Amex, Visa or MasterCard Gift cards from Shoppers Drug mart or Canada Post offices and major retailers. Even if you pay for the purchase using your USD based credit card, it will be only once, you can use the gift cards for the rest of your transactions. Of course  nothing beats cash but then you have to deal with change! 

SM