Rahul831's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Travel to Shilling and Meghalya

Dear Local Guides , I am planning to travel to Shillong and Meghalya in June this year. Please suggest good places , absolutely important things to do etc. 

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Travel to Shilling and Meghalya

Rahul831,

Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya. If you are planning to explore the North Eastern part of India. You can visit these place while you explore the destination

1) Get down at Bagdogra Airport, West Bengal and plan you itinerary with Darjeeling, Mirik, Gangtok,Guwahati,Shillong,Cherrapunji & Dawki

2) Get down at Guwahati Airport, Assam and Plan to cover Guwahati Kamakhya Temple, Shillong, Cherrapunji, Dawki and if you have time probably Mawsynram

Happy exploring North East!!!

Level 8

Thanks a ton Rashi. But you have exactly pin pointed my problem. I researched about it and the point of confusion now is whether to pick Darjeeling route that's Option 1 or Guwahati route Option 2. Which is better economically , scenically and ease to travel wise .

Level 9

There is no comparison bud. The entire Sikkim is a place to spend at least 10 days and so is Meghalaya. Both are rich in terms of natural and scenic beauty. I think you should opt for Guwahati-Shillong as it will be little reasonable. The flight charges for Bagdogra never comes down the entire year. You can plan another trip to cover Sikkim and North Bengal by overnight train to New Jalpaiguri.

Level 9

There is no comparison bud. The entire Sikkim is a place to spend at least 10 days and so is Meghalaya. Both are rich in terms of natural and scenic beauty. I think you should opt for Guwahati-Shillong as it will be little reasonable. The flight charges for Bagdogra never comes down the entire year. You can plan another trip to cover Sikkim and North Bengal by overnight train to New Jalpaiguri.

Please do visit the restaurant Hungry Panda, its run by an old man and do share the pictures. I forgot to capture the same .

Level 8

Thanks bud. I adore this word :). And yes I owe you the pictures of that restaurant . If I go there god willing will surely bring the pictures for ya.:).