Eshimacoffee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Travel to SCAA - Seattle

Hi dear comunity of Google Local Guides,

I'm a peruvian woman who produces organic coffee in Perú, I'm traveling to Seattle next 19th to attend at the Specialty Coffee Association of America

The event it's going to be at the: Washington State Convention Centre. So, I really want you to ask if there is someone who knows a really good place as a department

to stay there with 6 people.

Any comments will be good 

Thanks for your help.

Washington State Convention Center, Pike Street, Seattle, Washington, Estados Unidos
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Travel to SCAA - Seattle

Hello! I don't think it sent my last message. I will be available in the afternoon of April 22 if you would like me to give a quick tour around the area. I would recommend checking out the City Pass for Seattle. They have good attractions if you have about 2 days. My visiting relative and I did it in a day but that was rushed. Let me know what you would like to see!

View solution in original post

Level 8

Oh no! I just saw your message and it is the 20th. I would recommend any hotel downtown within 5 miles of the convention is good so you can walk there and take in Seattle! If you must stay outside of that area, then hostel would be the most affordable. Traffic is bad especially around Mercer/ Lake Union area. Staying close like Capitol Hill/Downtown/International District is better. However, I hear crimes are up in the International District so I would stay in the downtown area in case you have to walk back to your hotel at night. 

Level 6

Hi dear Helen,

Thank you so much for your advice, and don't worry yet. Mi trip it's going to be on april.

As I'm going to attend at that event it's necesarry for me to stay the near as possible because events like this 

always finishes at least at 23:00. 

If you have news of someome who rents an apartment near there, I'll be really thankful to you

HelenT ha escrito:

Oh no! I just saw your message and it is the 20th. I would recommend any hotel downtown within 5 miles of the convention is good so you can walk there and take in Seattle! If you must stay outside of that area, then hostel would be the most affordable. Traffic is bad especially around Mercer/ Lake Union area. Staying close like Capitol Hill/Downtown/International District is better. However, I hear crimes are up in the International District so I would stay in the downtown area in case you have to walk back to your hotel at night. 

Level 8

I don't know if anyone is renting this coming month. School is still in session. I would check AirBnb.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Seattle--WA?page=1&allow_override%5B%5D=&ne_lat=47.62279676247548&ne_lng=-1...

Level 6

Thanks for your help Helen.
If there is possible I'll be glad to meet you at Seatle
Ps. No bad intentions, just to be friends
Level 8

I work in south Seattle but I am moving to Everett for upcoming projects (about 30 miles north of Seattle) during the weekday.

If you are still in Seattle on 4/22 (Sat), I can give you a quick tour around Seattle area between 11 am - 1 pm! I am trying to set up Google Local Guide meetup in Seattle and Tacoma tours. 😄 

I would recommend also getting the City  Pass if you have about 2 days free in Seattle. My relative stopped by and we did the whole City Pass in a day but it we rushed and rainy about a week ago. You will have much better/beautiful weather in April. The pass allows you to see about 5 attractions for a decent cost within 9 days of picking it up in Seattle. If you check out the Space Needle at night time, they give you a ticket to come back the next day during the daytime to see the city (around afternoon time between 10 am - 1 pm).  - http://www.citypass.com/seattle

If you are in town on 4/22, let me know and I can meet you in Seattle. Let me know what you would like to see and how many people would like to come? look around here - >  http://www.seattleattractions.com/ 

I have a car that can fit 4 more people so if you want to see University of Washington or Capitol Hill, I can drop you all off there. The bus and light rail system is pretty good here too if you prefer to use that to get around! Everything is kind of distance from each other so wear good tennis/walking/running shoes. 

Level 8
Solution

Hello! I don't think it sent my last message. I will be available in the afternoon of April 22 if you would like me to give a quick tour around the area. I would recommend checking out the City Pass for Seattle. They have good attractions if you have about 2 days. My visiting relative and I did it in a day but that was rushed. Let me know what you would like to see!

Level 6

Hi dear Helen,

Thank you so much for your help.
I'll be glad to meet you and have a tour around the city with you.
I'm going to attend at the Specialty Coffee Asociation of America event which it's going to be in: Washington State Convention Centre. Do you consider right if we meet there?
Thank you so much for your help again. I alredy have a nice present from Perú.
Level 6

Hi Dear Helen,

Thank you so much for your help and support. I'm really sorry for not answering you at the moment I've been doing some volunteer job for people who has lost their homes because of a landslide. I would be really glad to hang around with you in Seattle.
Thanks for your help 😊