ChristineJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Toronto: What are your must sees & dos?

Toronto locals & past visitors... what would you say are the must sees & dos in the city??

Toronto, ON, Canada
3 comments
Level 5

Re: Toronto: What are your must sees & dos?

What do you like doing as Toronto has a lot to offer?

A few areas in Toronto that are absolutely worth checking out if the weather is nice are Queen St West, the St Lawrence market, Chinatown, the Distillery and Kensington market. You'll find many unique shops, restaurants and independent coffee shops there, so you'll never go hungry!

If you are into shopping the following streets and malls should be your destinations: Queen St West, Eaton Center, Yorkdale, Yorkville (upscale), Sherway Gardens. 

The main two museums are the Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario (free on Wed evenings), but there are many smaller museums like the Bata shoe museum or Gardiner museum that are also worth checking out and if you haven't visited the typical tourist attractions then also check out the CN tower, Ripley's aquarium, and Hockey Hall of Fame. 

I'll list a few other attractions, but note that some are outside the city: Toronto island, Waterfront, Casa Loma, Ontario Science Centre, Steam Whistle tour, watch a Blue Jays/Raptors/Leafs/TFS game, Toronto Zoo, and Canada's Wonderland

Enjoy Toronto, it's a wonderful city!

Level 7

Hi @ChristineJ

like @Emmanuel mentioned, it depends on what your interested in.  I would have to say must do's would be to see a jays game in the summer, check out different festivals throughout the year around the city like Nuit Blanche, Canadian music week, Caribanna, Canadian national exhibition.  If your into exploring things a visit to the CN tower, The distillery district and St. Lawerence are great places to explore. If wine is your thing, taking a trip over to Niagara on the lake to go winery hopping is fun, you could even swing on over to Niagara Falls.

i could go on and on about things to see and do in Toronto or outside Toronto, I hope this helps!

Level 7

I would never miss a hike through High Park or a walk through the Waterfront Trail, I always recommend to do this!