Jara57's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Tips for trip to Bosnia and Herzogewina

We are making a trip by car in a.o. Bosnia and Herzogewina in June this year. What are nIce places to visit? We like nature as well as old towns and villages. 

Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Tips for trip to Bosnia and Herzogewina

@Jara57

Hi!

I would definitely suggest taking a route to Sarajevo and Mostar, which are both must-see destinations, famous for their old town cores from the Ottoman period.

If you decide to spend a few nights in Bosnia, which would give you some extra time, I would also suggest to visit the following:

Around Sarajevo:

- Vrelo Bosne (the spring of the Bosna River) - Come to the suburb of Ilidža and then either walk for 3 km or take a wonderful carriage ride!

- Trebević (a mountain above Sarajevo) - Take a cable car to the mountain and experience wonderful views of the city!

Around Mostar

- Vrelo Bune (the spring of the Buna River, about 10 km from Mostar) - in a village of Blagaj, with wonderful traditional restaurants by the river

- Počitelj (located on the main road to Metković and the Adriatic coast) - it's a wonderful little town which gives you the atmosphere of the Ottoman period

- Kravica Waterfalls (local name: slapovi Kravica) - It is located near the village of Studenci, just keep in mind that this place can be rather crowded on weekends. In practice, this means too many cars on the parking and too many people in the water. So, if you have that option, you should rather visit them on a weekday.

However, if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! If you tell me where exactly you're planning to start your trip (and enter Bosnia), maybe I could give you a few more hints on where to stop and what else to see and experience.

SarajevoSarajevoMostarMostarVrelo BosneVrelo BosneVrelo BosneVrelo BosnePočiteljPočiteljVrelo BuneVrelo BuneVrelo Bune - BlagajVrelo Bune - BlagajKravica WaterfallsKravica WaterfallsKravica Waterfalls, a detailKravica Waterfalls, a detailKravica Waterfalls, near the village of StudenciKravica Waterfalls, near the village of Studenci

Level 9

Those are some great tips @Tomislav_CRO! It looks gorgeous there. I'm sure @Jara57 will find them useful.

I'm going to move this post over to "Travel and Advice" so others can also take advantage of tips. Thanks! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Well done for the tips 

Level 6

Thank you very much  @Tomislav_CRO. Your tips are a great help to us. We will fly to Tuzla and make a trip during 3 weeks in Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia. I’m planning the places we want to visit and I will surely add your tips to it. If I have more questions I will surely contact you. Thanks again, Jara57.

Former Google Contributor

Wow @Tomislav_CRO, great photos and tips! You are a really helpful Local Guide 🙂 

I can't wait to see more of your travel experiences!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!