FelixD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Tips for travel Orlando

What is the cheapest way to visit theme parks for 6 days?

Cheap tickets?

uber or taxi?

Meal plans or no meal plans?

stay in big or small hotels?

Orlando, FL, United States
3 comments
Googler

Re: Tips for travel Orlando

Hi @FelixD. Ah, it depends on so many things. Do you just want to do the parks? Are you with family and young kids? Do you drive? Are you interested in truly local fun? Unfortunately there aren't many ways to get around the pricey theme park tickets. If you're going to commit to visiting theme parks for X number of days while you are there, I recommend going with the multi-day passes for sure. Disney has the Magic Your Way passes where you will save money for going a few days in a row.

If you're planning on only doing the parks, then save money on a rental car and use the Disney shuttle and/or take an Uber as it's only $25 each way (without heavy, heavy traffic and believe me, traffic can be awful around rush hour 8-9:30am and 4:30-6pm) to/from Disney.

If you're traveling with a family, I recommend looking at an extended stay place, like Bluegreen Fountains or Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Package deals were the best options for my boyfriend and I. Often times the transportation will be included to and from the airport, as well as shuttles to the park. The bonus of staying on an on-sight hotel is early access to the parks and sometimes extended late hours too. I find it more relaxing being on a hotel on site because you can relax in-between parks. The park tickets are also rolled into the price of the stay, and for places like Universal, it will give you access to free lockers around the park. Along with staying at a hotel, you will get discounted food and merchandise if you show your hotel card. Also check out dining packages. Universal and Disney have good dining packages, you save a couple dollars, especially traveling with a big family. At Seaworld and Busch Gardens, there is an all-you-can-eat bracelet option and that was the way to go, it was $29.99 each the whole day, it saved us so much money, especially since we kept on getting drinks. Even though my boyfriend is a Florida resident and gets a discount on tickets, it was still cheaper to stay on site with a hotel package. All the parks charge for parking, and it is not cheap, the convenience of having access to a free shuttle, definitely helps out. Best of Luck!

Level 7

I'm going to answer your question directly.  The cheapest way to visit the theme parks in Orlando would be to stay in a cheap hotel on iDrive.  These are not the luxury resorts and most finer amenities will be lacking, but you said cheapest.

HOTEL - Check out the Days Inn as they have rooms currently for only $42/night Days Inn iDrive Orlando

CAR - DO NOT RENT ONE.  Definitely NOT your cheapest option.  Between rental fees, gas, taxes, and the worst --> PARKING at the theme parks, you'll drop a ton on a rental.  UBER is your cheapest option by far.  Another perk of UBER is that you'll get dropped off at the same area as if you valet parked.  

Meal Plan - Since you won't be staying on property of either park, the meal plan will NOT be your cheapest route.  You should eat before going to the parks and then plan meals according to your budget in the parks.

Discount Tickets - Defiantly try to get them.  There are many locations along iDrive where you can get discount tickets.  Many times the discounts come with requirements of you having to sit through a timeshare presentation.  If you don't mind wasting a few hours to get a greater discount, go for it.

I've lived in Orlando for 10+ years and I don't see how you could accomplish what you want any cheaper than I detailed above.  Have fun!