ofera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The most beautiful trip in my life - Antarctica - Recomendations, Tips and Photos

Hi,

I've been to most corners of the world and traveled a lot but without doubt the most fascinating place I've been to is Antarctica.

I would like to share my trip's recommendations and some photos.

Tips:

1. The best season to travel is January-February.

2. Travel with a cruise ship of maximum 100 people. This is because it takes time sail to the shores from the ship and back. It's done by zodiac boats of around 15 people and that's why a trip of more than 100 people would consume much valuable time.

3. It's important to choose a trip that tours not just Antarctica. I would recommend to do a trip of first Folkland Islands, South Georgia, and last but not least - Antarctica. South Georgria is a very strong attraction, this place inhabits 10 people (fishermen) and 250,000 Penguins (!) I would recommend to not miss it!

4. A full round trip like the one mentioned in tip 3 is very expensive. If you want to lower the cost, you may travel to Ushuaia, Argentina (where the cruises for Antarctica depart) and register as a stand-by for non-full cruises that leave frequently. I would not recommend to take a shorter trip without South Georgia and Folkland Islands. Also, a trip off season would lower the cost significantly.

5. For those of you who are sea-sick - take the medication a few hours BEFORE the cruise departures 🙂

To conclude, in my opinion it was the top of my trips.

I am open to give advise not just on this trip, also on many other locations in the world, feel free to contact me.

Ofer Agiv

Photos:

Curiosity of the PenguinesCuriosity of the PenguinesFrozen PenguinesFrozen PenguinesSailing on a whaleSailing on a whaleCuriosity of the PenguinesCuriosity of the PenguinesPoor Pinguine :(Poor Pinguine 😞Run for your life...Run for your life...

The route of my tripThe route of my trip

oagiv
South Georgia Island
77 comments
Level 6

Re: The most beautiful trip in my life - Antarctica - Recomendations, Tips and Photos

Thank you, @ofera - what a fabulous experience you've shared with us!

I *love* the penguin photos. Can I ask, how cold was it when you were there?

Level 9

Re: The most beautiful trip in my life - Antarctica - Recomendations, Tips and Photos

@ofera great post! thanks for sharing 🙂

Level 5

It,s the amazing place,your photo is so great  let me unforgettable!

Level 5

@ofera wow moment. superb

Level 5

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the photos and information. My son are also watching your photos and very much interested to go there. I told him when he will be growing up he can go there.

Level 5

Seems to be a great experience, thanks for sharing this with us 😄

Level 9

thank you `bring me in Antarctica

Indonesia Local Guides | Malang Local Guides | Instagram  

Level 7

Hello @ofera,

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pictures and the post. You surely had a very good time there and your post will help many people who are planning to visit Antarctica. I also have a passion for photography and your pictures say a lot.

🙂

Level 8

Thanks. 🙂

February and January are the most convenient months to travel there.

The temperature at that time varies between 0 to -10 degrees C.

The problem was more the wind and the water splash while going down to the shore by zodiac boats.

Ofer

@JustinO wrote:

Thank you, @ofera - what a fabulous experience you've shared with us!

I *love* the penguin photos. Can I ask, how cold was it when you were there?

oagiv