PaulaIndira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

THE MAGICAL OF LAKE KELIMUTU

My name is Paula,from Jakarta,Indonesia.

I am called to share my holiday experience to the three-colored lake of Kelimutu last year as there are still few people who KNOW this place so that more people in Indonesia and abroad KNOW this lake is.
Kelimutu Lake is one of the FAVORITE TOURISM DESTINATION I see the sunrise besides seeing the lake of course.
This lake DESERVES TO BE OUR FAVORITE DESTINATION because this lake is very unusual beautiful, the only lake in the world to the three craters are in 1 place close together and the three are different color.
These three lakes are an active lake so that at any time the water color of this lake can change without us knowing.

Lake Kelimutu is a crater lake located at the peak of Mount Kelimutu which reaches 1.639 meters high above sea level, 54 kilometers east of the city of Ende.
Lake Kelimutu has three giant puddles.
Each puddle has a different water color.

The word 'Kelimutu' comes from 'Keli (mountain)' and 'quality (boiling)'.
The lake is named locally in accordance with local beliefs.
The three lakes are named:
-Tiwu Ata Mbupu,
-Tiwu Nuwa Muri Koo Fai, and
-Tiwu Ata Polo

COLOR:
Various colors of lake water, among others: red, dark green, red heart, light green, blackish brown, sky blue.
Now the water color of the three lakes is: light yellowish green, green moss, and darkish-brown

HOW TO TRAVEL TO LAKE KELIMUTU:
You can go to Kelimutu from several directions, starting from the west (Labuan Bajo), middle (Ende), and the east (Maumere) of Flores Island.
You can use the Ferry from "Sape Port" (Sumbawa Island) or airplane from Denpasar down at "Komodo Airport" (Labuan Bajo), "Hasan Aroeboesman Airport" (Ende), and "Frans Seda Airport (Maumere).
From Labuan Bajo, tourists can: ride private vehicles, rent a car or take public transportation to Ende.
After arriving in Ende, tourists will head to Moni, a small village at the foot of Mount Kelimutu.
Distance Ende-Moni - / + 2 hours journey.
There are some simple inns in Moni for tourists who want to stay at this location.

Arriving at Moni, tourists will enter the area of ​​Kelimutu National Park (KNP) and have to pay entrance fee.
For domestic tourists worth Rp.5.000 / person once enter (normal day) and Rp.7.500 / person (day off).
For foreign tourists Rp.150 thousand / person once entered (weekdays), and Rp.225 thousand / person (holiday)
Specifically for foreign tourists, KNP prepares Electronic Data Capture (EDC) tool from Bank BRI to facilitate travelers to make payment through: debit, credit card, visa, and master card.
After paying the entrance ticket, the vehicle to the parking lot as well as the initial location of climbing to the top of Kelimutu. Trekking track conditions are very comfortable, in the form of solid soil, beams and stairs of cement.
There are also several rest areas, toilets and bins.

BEST TIME:
Best time to climb to the top of Kelimutu is the morning to be able to see and capture the moment of sunrise at the top of the mountain at around 05.30 WITA.

During the journey take care of physical condition with plenty of rest and multivitamins to stay health and fit when arriving in Kelimutu.
Because road trip that will travel through many winding road left to right, up and down.
Also the air in the lake area is quite cold, foggy, and windy.
And, once in the mountain area, we still have to climb the ladder to climb to the lake at the top of the mountain.

Hope you want to make Lake Kelimutu become ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE DESTINATION-like me-if you visit Indonesia.

And you WILL BE AMAZED by the colorful marvels of the lake Kelimutu, like me who never get bored into the lake 3 colors Kelimutu if I vacation to Flores.

The Lake Kelimutu REALLY-REALLY BEAUTIFUL.

You will not find this magic anywhere.

FINALLY,You NEED TO GO TO Kelimutu Lake ONCE EVERY 1-2 years to see the LATEST natural CHANGE COLOR events.

Below are photos from of the various colors of the water of Lake Kelimutu are magical

The color of beautiful Kelimutu LakeThe color of beautiful Kelimutu Lake

Flores Island MapFlores Island Map

Komodo Airport,Labuan Bajo,West FloresKomodo Airport,Labuan Bajo,West Flores

Hasan Aroeboesman Airport,Ende,Central FloresHasan Aroeboesman Airport,Ende,Central Flores

Frans Seda Airport,Maumere,East FloresFrans Seda Airport,Maumere,East Flores

Thank you for visiting and reading.

Regards,

Paula Indira,Jakarta,Indonesia

6 comments
Level 7

Re: THE MAGICAL OF LAKE KELIMUTU

Can't believe you have no kudos or comments yet, your pics are amazing! Such a beautiful place! Congrats, keep posting and sharing your awesome pictures! 👏👏👏

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PaulaIndira you did great job by sharing all this. Thank you

Level 9

Hi Yayafreeman,Thank you so much..!

Level 9

Hi meetmelisacr,Thank you for visiting,reading,and good comment!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @PaulaIndira,

That's an awesome post! Great photos and advice. I'd love to see a lot more of your experiences here! 🙂

By the way, please accept my warm welcome to our community! I hope you have lots of fun being part of it.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you so much